Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 7:heart: 7:spade:

fold, MP raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) 4:spade: 6:heart: 9:heart:
      MP bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($10.75, 2 players) 9:club:
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.75, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $4.50, MP calls $4.50

He CBet often I called with the 2hs. Also this flop doent really hit his range.
      Should I fire the turn?
      On the river I put him on AT+ and thought he would give his hand up so I thin value bet. How is it?
  • 3 replies
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      "On the river I put him on AT+ and thought he would give his hand up so I thin value bet. How is it?"

You are betting the river to get him to fold the hands that you beat? You should re-think that strategy ;)

Anyways, I would prefer to bet the turn for the exact same reasons you said you wanted to bet the river. The difference is that on the turn, you're more than happy to make him fold his 6 outs vs you, and take away his equity. If called always c/f river, unless you improve, I think
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JoaoMartins
      "On the river I put him on AT+ and thought he would give his hand up so I thin value bet. How is it?"

You are betting the river to get him to fold the hands that you beat? You should re-think that strategy ;)
      Sorry I meant wouldn't give up his hand. Therefore the thin value bet.

Originally posted by JoaoMartins
      Anyways, I would prefer to bet the turn for the exact same reasons you said you wanted to bet the river. The difference is that on the turn, you're more than happy to make him fold his 6 outs vs you, and take away his equity. If called always c/f river, unless you improve, I think
      agreed
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      he may c/c your river bet with 6x, 55 so i think your river bet is not horrible. Also he doesn´t get information how you play your 77 at that spot
      I´d generally just bet turn myself unless I think player can c/r turn with worse hands