London vacation...football Tickets?

• Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Hey there!
      My girlfriend and me will be in London from 13-19.10 and I would like to go to a football match.
      It´s hard to find some Tickets online and my Girl dont necessarily wants to come to a game with me(if it´s cheap for her, it´s ok, but no 100 pounds+)

So if anyone of you lives in London and has some Tickets he would like to sell/Share with me. I would be very glad. For sure we can go out for some beer later on and talk about some poker/lifestyle stuff. Or...just drink...and drink...and drink!

Just want to see if the athmosphere in Stadiums in England really is better than the german ones :P

Thank you for any help/contact ;)

best wishes from Germany

Verum
  • 8 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I went to a friendly match once and could buy tickets from a guy at the gates :D

I guess you could also go to the stadium a few days before and buy tickets at the ticket office.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I went to a friendly match once and could buy tickets from a guy at the gates :D

I guess you could also go to the stadium a few days before and buy tickets at the ticket office.
      It really depends, there are lots of teams in London. A Fulham match will often have tickets available on the day unless they are playing Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal.
      Tottenham are also a good team right now and very often only sell out on the day of the game. So if you use their online ticket sales option you should be able to pick it up on the day of the game from the stadium :f_biggrin:

I doubt you will get into Chelsea or Arsenal, I think they both sell out regularly
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      if you want atmosphere avoid arsenal lol
      spurs have good atmosphere and a good team
      west ham have a great atmosphere but not great football

best bet for tickets is club websites
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      Dont like chelsea anyway :P So i would prefer the "smaller" teams anyway. They often do have the better athmosphere ;)

Thanks for the answer btw!
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by weller123
      if you want atmosphere avoid arsenal lol
      spurs have good atmosphere and a good team
      west ham have a great atmosphere but not great football

best bet for tickets is club websites
      lol, ever even been to an Arsenal game? I can't help get the impression you're a Spurs fan..

OP: The weekend you're referring to (Saturday the 16th), in the Premier League, there are 2 games in London:

Arsenal v Birmingham
      Fulham v Tottenham

Either choice would be a good game tbh.
    • Verum
      Verum
      Black
      yea alread ylooked up the pages. Fulham is way cheaper than arsenal but Arsenal is sold out anyway.
      But as far as I read there are always sculper on the gates...Do they make horrible prices or would it be acceptable?

And...I like the players of Arsenal but Fulham´s visiters were so great last year in the international games...
      I can´t decide :-/
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I know that for the Chelsea game last week they sold tickets at like 300+ pounds ;)

Tottenham have a great team, I'd just go to Fulham if I were you.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      chelsea are gonna win the league. just sayin