[NL2-NL10] bad beat, i think...

• nightfoks
      nightfoks
      Bronze
      I receive KJ suited (spades) in Late Position, I raise three times the BB and three limpertaxes. One person calls me. The flop: 10s Qd As. I've just flopped the nuts, a beautiful straight and for the very first time i'm pretty close to a royal flush. The player in MP checks, I bet 2/3 from the pot and he goes all in, so do I. Turn: Qh, River: Ac. My opponent shows me AQ, i loose.
      If i look at the flop i do understand his raise, but i was so frustrated. I play sss now for a month, sometimes i have the feeling (it is a very good strategy, i'm sure!) that on the low limit tables it's so hard to practise the sss strategy. Many players call because of the low budget and if you don't have a good flop, you must quit. I made 15$ profit the first three weeks, and now i lost my profit. Sometimes bad beat like the example here, sometimes i find myself not being attention and i work hard on it, but is there anybody who has the same feeling on the low limit tables with sss strategy??
  • 7 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      It's unlucky, but it isn't full SSS either if I recall correctly. KJ should be laid down in any position, no ? Especially if it's not a blind stealing hand.
      I'd have laid it down anyway and would only have raised to steal the blinds and perhaps 1 limper
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Nah, KJ suited on the B is good to steal with. Well played, bad luck. Don't get mad or frustrated, happens to everyone.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Don´t worry, the SSS can be very swingy, so it´s possible that you´re break even after over 20k hands. Stay calm and try to improve your game and everything will work out in the long run for you. :)
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      and watch the undercover82 sss Nl10 videos this will help alot in your game
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      Nah, KJ suited on the B is good to steal with. Well played, bad luck. Don't get mad or frustrated, happens to everyone.
      I have tended to lay down that hand in all positions. After all if KJ is a good hand to steal with then KT is as well and a lot of other holdings. Its just a boundary which I don't cross with a short stack.

The idea of playing the short stack is that people are going to call you more liberally which I don't want with a hand that could be dominated and you are going to have to make plays after the flop which could mean getting pot committed with a marginal hand.
    • nightfoks
      nightfoks
      Bronze
      Thank you for the advice, i think i'll play less starting hands the coming weeks, i didn't play for a few days. It's a hard lesson to play only a few starting hands and stay concentrated to the game...
    • ubermice
      ubermice
      Bronze
      i think the preflop play can be questioned but the post flop can not .
      once you start folding or not raising nut straights on the flop (im not thinking of slowplay ) then you can stop playing poker .

And please could you post the hand with hand converter , its much easier to look at that way.