[NL2-NL10] KK on sb multi way pot

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      BB stats: 87/7 af agg 1.0, turn agg 0.6 61hands
      utg1stats:100/40 5hands.

overall, i dont know if i made mistake on turn by betting, i play oop against 2 calling stations and in one hand i want value, but on the other it is such a bad spot, cos if i bet turn for value i'm comitted, and fishes can easily have here 2idiot pairs/sets that beat me :( of course now when i look at BB agg I'm sure that my pair of kings can be easily mucked, yep?
      Soo.. I'm looking for good advices from judges/players in these kind of spots. :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $16.53
      MP3:
      $13.00
      CO:
      $20.00
      BU:
      $19.53
      SB (Hero):
      $20.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.65, BB calls $0.55, MP3 calls $0.55, CO calls $0.55, BU calls $0.55.

Flop: ($3.25) J, 6, 5 (5 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BB calls $2.80, MP3 calls $2.80, CO folds, BU folds.

Turn: ($11.65) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, BB raises to $13.06, MP3 folds, Hero calls $5.06.

River: ($37.77) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $37.77.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kd Ks).
      BB shows three of a kind, sixs(6d 6c).

BB wins with three of a kind, sixs(6d 6c).
  • 4 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Soo.. I'm looking for good advices from judges/players in these kind of spots.

You've started well by posting here :)

Anyway, I would actually like a bigger raise PF. We are OOP, several players could limp/call hence being a multiway pot. Bad Bad thing when we are OOP.
      So like 70-80c is gd imo.

Flop: I would 3/4-pot bet. it 5-way and we want to build this pot as quickly as possible + eliminate "some" opponents.
      So say we bet like 80c pre-flop the pot will be $4 on the flop.

If we bet like ~$3.25 and get 2 callers like we did the pot will be ~$13.75 leaving us a pot bet behind on the turn.

So, we ship it in on the turn :)
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply :) Yep when I reviewed this hand I realised that my pf raise was a little too small. But ok, got it, next time I'll bet bigger.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      No worries but hand around for the judges look at the hand ;)
      I'm no judge. Just a hand evaluation spammer hehe
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by justkyle88
      Anyway, I would actually like a bigger raise PF. We are OOP, several players could limp/call hence being a multiway pot. Bad Bad thing when we are OOP.
      So like 70-80c is gd imo.

Flop: I would 3/4-pot bet. it 5-way and we want to build this pot as quickly as possible + eliminate "some" opponents.
      So say we bet like 80c pre-flop the pot will be $4 on the flop.

If we bet like ~$3.25 and get 2 callers like we did the pot will be ~$13.75 leaving us a pot bet behind on the turn.

So, we ship it in on the turn :)
      Fine by me. They're both loose enough to show up with a lot of Jx/draws hands on the turn, I'm always betting and given what's left behind, never folding either. So the only way you can play the hand better is by making sure your bet sizing serves your goal to get all-in well, and justkyle88 did good explaining that part.

Hope it helps.