Percentage reward

• scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Why there are only single TAF rewards of 10/15/75, wouldnt be making those rewards as percentage of your profit from reffered people better? (with some small one-time rewards too) - I see there are few sites with rakeback system that gives 3% comission from my refferal's rake for example, its alot better profit if I get some really active and playing player. -I dont think some platinum members needs to invite members here for just 100$ in case he makes 5k strategypoints, getting lifetime daily profit from some active grinder is alot better
  • 12 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello scscpoker,

Sorry for the late reply.

Most pokersites do not allow sub-affiliates, so we are not able to give you a commision on your friends.

It would be anyway to complex with two systems and the first two steps with 15 and 100 StrategyPoints are easy to reach for every new member so we believe that our Tell-A-Friend system is easy to understand and still very profitable for referrer.

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      How its then possible that some sites gives that lifetime percentage of rake in refferal system if pokersites doesnt allow sub-affiliates?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi scscpoker,

As I wrote, on some site it is allowed. Our tell-a-friend system is still very profitable for you.

We also had a promotion in the beginning of this year, where you earned up to $1,100:
      Earn $1,100 through TAF : Available until 30th April 2010

We constantly try to improve our tell-a-friend section, so stay tuned.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      It is certainly something Pokerstrat.com should give further thought to, as it encourages long term members
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I assume you are talking about the referral system that the big rakeback affiliates use personally i think they should introduce it here as well. I am very happy with the current system for the no deposit players and i think it's a very rewarding program but I have no incentive to refer an established player (high value player).
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      We will not do this for various reasons.

Amongst them is...

(a) our current systems works pretty good for both sides - most players prefer the cash-flow advantage of a CPA model.

(b) some sites do not allow this for good reasons - and our system works for ALL players.

(c) it would be easier giving illegal rakeback if we offered a revenue share model.
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      If some sites doesnt allow it, there isnt problem, just make it on few sites, other will work with old TAF.

Imagine inviting 3 active players that makes 100$ rake daily... For example, with 3% I would have 9$ daily for lifetime... I think everyone will accept that this is best. -1% could be enought too - number of invited players is unlimited.

It could work this way too: there is old TAF for everyone who likes it, and if someone has silver or better rank, he can start that new TAF (that will work only on accepted sites, so "most players prefer" - they can still use simple one-time bonuses)

>Pokerstrategy really should start trying do it this way, so many sites offering this are already running, and its borderline decision if someone wants "articles, coachings, videos", trying to be BLACK MEMBER, use ur software, get your freerolls, rake races - or if someone wanna LIFETIME PROFIT from all reffered players, and maybe some FREE HEM or what do they offer.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey scscpoker,

you have to seperate two things:

(a) what a player gets

(b) what a referrer gets

PokerStrategy.com is far ahead of the pack with regards to (a) - which is also why we have far higher conversion rates on normal traffic (i.e. the famous John and Jane Doe become real-money players at us quite probably) than poker rooms and other affiliates.

This comes at a cost - our cost structure is immense. This cost is invested for our players and referrers. And I'm pretty sure for the average referrer, our model is superior just because of that.

In the end of the day, it's just two types of payment model - and probably, you overestimate revenue share for psychological reasons.

But of course you should do whatever is better for you!

Lutz
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      PokerStrategy.com is far ahead of the pack with regards to (a)

Pokerstrategy.com is ahead with everything related to playing poker, and this is why I dont want to rake for different affliate, but refferal system rewards are really low imo.

In the end of the day, it's just two types of payment model - and probably, you overestimate revenue share for psychological reasons.

I know your rewards for new players are high, but after someone RAKES enought and Ill get 100 dollars, I cant (unless some temporary promo is out right now) get any more money from him, so if he becomes good pro player raking at least 100$ daily, 1% would be 1 dollar, so its 30 dollars every month. In real, from your system Ill get paid for 3 months and then I have no profit from him.

Your system could be profitable if I find 50 people and everyone will rake just 5k strategypoints and then they stop playing.. but if I find just 3 players that wanna play here on their way to Black Member, 300 dollars for players who rake 100 dollars daily is nothing.

>So imo, if I could choose some of my reffered players and set at least 1% (sites can have about 3% and multilevel) comission for lifetime - for sure, by doing that I couldnt profit from old TAF from that member - it would be better in case I invite some player willing to be active.
    • Korn
      Korn
      Bronze
      Hey SCS,

on the other hand, though, you also earn around $25 for somebody who just rakes $25.

If you refer 1 single high rake player, take a look at this. (though I can still understand if you'd prefer a small % instead)

If you refer a group of players, of which usually very very few will become that good, than I think our system converts and thus pays far better than the alternatives.
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Korn
      If you refer 1 single high rake player, take a look at this. (though I can still understand if you'd prefer a small % instead)
      That promo is no longer running.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I believe this was meant as an example - we have different TAF promotions from time to time that will generally allow you to get more for your referrals overall.

Hadi