This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH Top Pair - fold

• TommyHLM
      TommyHLM
      Bronze
      Hi again :f_cool: , here is another hand of mine. I wonder whether it was a good fold. Thaks for any suggestions

My assumption is that BU flopped a set.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Button ($3.89)
      SB ($1.42)
      BB ($2.16)
      Hero (UTG) ($3.68)
      MP ($2)
      CO ($0.79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:heart: , Q:spade:
      Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, Button calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.19) 5:heart: , 6:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, Button calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.43) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, Button raises $0.72, Hero calls $0.48

River: ($1.87) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.40, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.87

Results:
      Button didn't show
      Outcome: Button won $3.18

BU is 47/14/2.1
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet bigger on flop and turn. Until proven otherwise you're way ahead of villain's range, so just get more value on drawy boards.

The turn is a bit dicey for a few reasons. First you bet small, so some guys might try and raise another Qx there just because of that. Second, hands like 54/64/68/87 hit a combodraw on the turn and depending on what kind of player he is, he might or might not raise with those. If he does raise with that, it's a mistake to fold. If he doesn't, it's a mistake to call or raise since you'll only be running into 55/66/77/75/76/65/98 stuff. Hence when you don't have reads on him, it sucks either way :)

I'd say when in doubt fold and focus on correcting your sizing first.

Hope it helps.