$10.00
      BU:
      $9.67
      SB:
      $16.04
      BB:
      $13.06

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, A.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 6, J, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, CO calls $0.57.

Turn: ($1.99) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.33, CO calls $1.33.

River: ($4.65) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.32, CO calls $2.32.

Final Pot: $9.29.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jc Ah).
      CO shows a pair of queens(Qh Qs).

CO wins with a pair of queens(Qh Qs).
  • 3 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      I think you played it fine until the river. My problem with the river bet is that the only worse hand that can call is pretty much KJ, and maybe J9. That's not a lot compared to all the other hands that either beat us or that will just fold. For that reason I think check/calling is better, since he might bluff with all his missed draws. Just my opinion anyway.

As it stands I wouldn't worry about it, just note that he sometimes flats QQ and move on.
    • freespirit47
      freespirit47
      Bronze
      thank you woodrose, yeah, i like the c/c line too,

thanks for the input
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SPwoodrose
      I think you played it fine until the river. My problem with the river bet is that the only worse hand that can call is pretty much KJ, and maybe J9. That's not a lot compared to all the other hands that either beat us or that will just fold. For that reason I think check/calling is better, since he might bluff with all his missed draws. Just my opinion anyway.

As it stands I wouldn't worry about it, just note that he sometimes flats QQ and move on.
      Sounds fine, tho I don't know why you discard QJ especially if you put J9 in there. Since villain has 100bb and thus probably didn't play too many hands since he posted, I'm more likely to think he's a reg rather than a fish, thus I'll discount a bunch of draws that he could raise with, hence why I'm still usually betting that river for value instead of check/calling.

Hope it helps.