This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 sh QJs top pair facing float

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50.25)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($50.50)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($294)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: J:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

TURN ($8.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club: 8:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($20.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club: 8:club: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $13.75, Hero folds

BTN wins $19.25

villain is 67/33/3 after 6 hands - 2 tabling. judging by his stack and stats he looks loose aggressive. I would expect him to be floating me very often here, especially on this turn card, which it's easy for him to rep hitting, once I check.

for this reason I like to call on the turn, planning to call most safe rivers. Is this a reasonable plan, or do you think we are better off check raising? or do you even prefer to bet/fold the turn?

please could you give reasons for different turn lines? - Thanks

As played, the River is pretty terrible. I don't think we can really call since we beat nothing but a bluff and I don't have reads he is capable of it. Even many straights got there... And of course sometimes he will have Jx that beats me (though I think he would usually check behind on the River).

as to what my hand looks like, I would say it looks a lot like medium Jx (maybe 99/TT). So I think if he is decent he can recognise I am not that strong and that his bluff should work pretty often -- I still could not find a call on the River, though.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      players usually doesn´t really get 6BI stacks playing very nitty game,s o I think your plan c/c him down on the turn is very reasonable
      You can c/r him on the turn, since likely he´d raise very often his draws on the flop, but I think you gain more if you call him down
      Unlucky club comes on the river and you have to c/f. he can barrel there, but very likely he can have there A5 with backdoor flushdraw that not got on the river, so I think mostly he is valuebetting there
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black