fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

TURN ($8.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club: 8:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($20.25) 4:club: 5:heart: J:club: 8:club: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $13.75, Hero folds

BTN wins $19.25

villain is 67/33/3 after 6 hands - 2 tabling. judging by his stack and stats he looks loose aggressive. I would expect him to be floating me very often here, especially on this turn card, which it's easy for him to rep hitting, once I check.

for this reason I like to call on the turn, planning to call most safe rivers. Is this a reasonable plan, or do you think we are better off check raising? or do you even prefer to bet/fold the turn?

please could you give reasons for different turn lines? - Thanks

As played, the River is pretty terrible. I don't think we can really call since we beat nothing but a bluff and I don't have reads he is capable of it. Even many straights got there... And of course sometimes he will have Jx that beats me (though I think he would usually check behind on the River).

as to what my hand looks like, I would say it looks a lot like medium Jx (maybe 99/TT). So I think if he is decent he can recognise I am not that strong and that his bluff should work pretty often -- I still could not find a call on the River, though.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      players usually doesn´t really get 6BI stacks playing very nitty game,s o I think your plan c/c him down on the turn is very reasonable
      You can c/r him on the turn, since likely he´d raise very often his draws on the flop, but I think you gain more if you call him down
      Unlucky club comes on the river and you have to c/f. he can barrel there, but very likely he can have there A5 with backdoor flushdraw that not got on the river, so I think mostly he is valuebetting there
    • Tim64