[NL2-NL10] NL2 - William Hill

• DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      I know I should have only called pre-flop according to BSS, but with one limper and UTG+1 posting a bb to join I hoped to steal.

Was I wrong to call his raise of my c-bet on the flop? Should I have fired another barrel on the turn given that I did call. Should I have 3-bet the flop?

I checked behind on the turn because I suspected another check-raise and planned to fold to a bet on the river.

SB was 50/0 after 20 hands.

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $0.98
      LP: $2.06
      CO: $2.07
      Hero (BTN): $5.89
      SB: $2.35
      BB: $1.42
      UTG: $5.00
      UTG+1: $1.00
      MP: $0.45

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, UTG+1 posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero has K:spade: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 checks, fold, fold, LP calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.11, fold, fold, LP calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.40, 3 players) A:diamond: 3:club: 3:heart:
      SB checks, LP checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.60, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.60, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.60, 2 players) 7:club:
      SB bets $1.60, fold

SB wins $1.50
  • 4 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DustyMonk
      I know I should have only called pre-flop according to BSS, but with one limper and UTG+1 posting a bb to join I hoped to steal.

Was I wrong to call his raise of my c-bet on the flop? Should I have fired another barrel on the turn given that I did call. Should I have 3-bet the flop?

I checked behind on the turn because I suspected another check-raise and planned to fold to a bet on the river.
      Preflop is fine, we want to be isolating a lot on these stakes where people will limp/call often and fold most flops.

When he check minraises the flop I just fold, we're pretty much always behind and I don't really like trying to bluff fish who play 50/0. Minraises are usually very strong in these games anyway.

3betting flop and firing turn are probably bad ideas as well. You have to ask yourself here, why am I calling the flop just to check behind turn and fold river? Save yourself the 30c ;)
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      Another hand I suspect I played badly. No stats on the villain (CO). BSS says I should call20 the re-raise. Is this appalling play from me?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $4.13
      CO: $1.91
      BTN: $0.50
      SB: $0.40
      BB: $5.01
      Hero (UTG): $2.00
      UTG+1: $3.26

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, fold, CO raises to $0.38, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, fold, CO raises to $1.91 (AI), Hero calls $0.66

Flop: ($3.93, 2 players) 9:heart: K:spade: 5:spade:

Turn: ($3.93, 2 players) 5:heart:

River: ($3.93, 2 players) 4:club:

CO shows A:heart: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives)
      Hero shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives)
      CO wins $3.69
    • DustyMonk
      DustyMonk
      Bronze
      @SPwoodrose

Thanks for the response. I figured as much. I think I snap-called the c/r on the flop (w/o thinking) because my bluffs rarely get called.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please don't post multiple hands in the same thread unless they're related

Originally posted by SPwoodrose
      Preflop is fine, we want to be isolating a lot on these stakes where people will limp/call often and fold most flops.

When he check minraises the flop I just fold, we're pretty much always behind and I don't really like trying to bluff fish who play 50/0. Minraises are usually very strong in these games anyway.

3betting flop and firing turn are probably bad ideas as well. You have to ask yourself here, why am I calling the flop just to check behind turn and fold river? Save yourself the 30c ;)
      Sounds good for the first hand. You also don't need to c-bet 3/4 on such a board, either he's folding or he's not, sizing won't matter much.

Second isn't "appalling" without reads, it's always possible CO is out of line sometimes, but you'll generally find that people making a huge 3bet over your early position raise are rarely screwing around, reducing QQ to pretty much nothing seeing how often they'll show you KK+. As long as I have no reads of villain being loose, I'm usually folding. You can't Call20 in that spot, you have to call $0.3 more and villain doesn't even have 7 times that.

Hope it helps.