This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Ak

• Windshow
      Windshow
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.17)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($7.78)
      UTG+1 ($5.97)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      Hero ($5)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($4.87)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.47) Q:spade: 3:diamond: 9:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.27, UTG calls $0.27

TURN ($1.01) Q:spade: 3:diamond: 9:diamond: K:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.21) Q:spade: 3:diamond: 9:diamond: K:club: 5:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

Hero shows K:spade: A:heart:
      (Pre 60%, Flop 32.4%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG shows J:diamond: T:diamond:
      (Pre 40%, Flop 67.6%, Turn 100.0%)

UTG wins $2.07

Pre : Ak= raise... cus he is limping i put him on smthg like small pair 22-88
      Turn: I got king but it also end str8 draw. that is scary, but i still bet and hope that he had flush draw and missed it
      River: dont know.

Tell me my mistakes pls
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd make it 1bb more preflop but it's not big deal.

I c-bet the flop bigger as a standard since even with AK we're ahead a lot, and if not we have overcards, so really I consider that a value c-bet.

Betting the turn is perfectly fine, he can still have diamond draws, Qx, some 9x with a gutshot, which makes the K the perfect card for us to get value from worse hands really even if JT/KQ get there.

On the river suddenly, diamond draws have no reason to call anymore, neither do stuff like 9x with a gutshot, so that leaves us with QT/QJ to get value from, maybe Q8- if he's really loose. Can't really help you there, sometimes I valuebet sometimes I don't depending on how loose villain is calling overall and how straightforward he'd play KQ/JT. My default is probably still to go ahead and throw in a ~1/2 pot valuebet.

Hope it helps.