justkyle88 (BB): $6.96
      rburke87 (UTG): $9.13
      bucesti (MP): $6.70
      ETO_OH (CO): $9.09
      dincaff (BTN): $4.88
      Creek32 (SB): $3.79

Creek32 posts SB $0.02, justkyle88 posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) justkyle88 has 9:spade: 8:spade:

fold, bucesti calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, justkyle88 raises to $0.25, bucesti calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) 9:heart: 4:club: 6:heart:
      justkyle88 bets $0.35, bucesti raises to $0.99, justkyle88 raises to $1.95, bucesti calls $0.96

Turn: ($4.42, 2 players) 3:heart:
      justkyle88 bets $4.76 and is all-in, fold
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm assuming you're trying to play TPNK for value there and depending on just how many hands the c/r 100% stat includes, I'm likely down with that. The sample is really small tho, so it's not impossible we're just running into a better hand, especially since he'd probably play any and all top pairs like that as well.

Not sure what you're trying to do with your really small flop 3bet on that board tho. While I might go ahead and just "click it back" to get him to call with everything and then check/jam the turn on him in a different situation where our hand isn't as vulnerable, I think you're better off 3-betting bigger to make sure he feels committed on "blank" turns in that spot. I'd make it $2.5 and go with it.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I really hope I don't sound like a donk when I explain what was going through my lil head when I played this hand. haha But anyway...

PF: standard.
      Flop: obvs c-bet
      maybe like 38c would of been better but wateva. I didn't really start thinking until he raised me.
      Villain seems like the kind of play that will limp marginal broadways and fishy enough to ca a raise so I'm like putting him on something like: ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

So that's my reasoning for 3-betting. My 3-bet was that small because I tried to quickly calculate how much I'd need to raise to get it in on the turn. Guess it should of been around $2.20? But I don't think my sizing is that bad. This fish will ca the extra 30c on the turn anyway.

On the turn if I still give him the above range and he is a none believe that I've bluffing with broadways too I think he can ca my 3-bet on flop and then finally be like stuff it. To much money I'll fold and he can also still fold a lone :heart: .
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

All I'm saying is, it's easier to get called down if villain gets better odds on the turn, and since we don't really expect him to fold the flop anyway, we might as well go ahead and pump it up at that point. It gets more money while the board isn't all that scary, and it makes it easier to rack it all up on the turn.

No idea why he folded in that particular instance, he probably had broadways without a heart.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      True, but he is a fish and will call down anyway and frankly if I do put him on broadways :heart: or no :heart: the bigger bet is better on turn.
      But I completely understand what your saying. Flop sizing was a mistake. :)