bucesti (SB): $8.00
      ETO_OH (BB): $9.44
      dincaff (UTG): $5.00
      Creek32 (MP): $3.88

bucesti posts SB $0.02, ETO_OH posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) justkyle88 has A:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, justkyle88 raises to $0.15, fold, bucesti calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.35, 2 players) A:spade: 5:diamond: 9:spade:
      bucesti checks, justkyle88 bets $0.22, bucesti raises to $0.99, justkyle88 calls $0.77

Turn: ($2.33, 2 players) 3:spade:
      bucesti bets $0.99, justkyle88 raises to $3.86 and is all-in, fold
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

So let me guess. You called the flop in case you were ahead of a draw or complete air even if he has sets/AQ/AK as well, and then when the spades got there you figured you couldn't call, so you tried to take him off everything that wasn't a flush instead.

His flop raise is so big that you have to know it's gonna cost you a stack to find out if you're good or not, because you can't expect him to just give up on the turn. Hence the two options without reads are folding the flop, and guess-calling down for a stack. I'll take the folding until I know better.

As far as the turn is concerned, I'd probably just fold as well. If he hadn't made the same $0.99 on the turn as he did on the flop, I could have read it as a blockbet with Ax and tried jamming, but as it is I don't think his "weak" bet sizing on the turn means much of anything except "my hand didn't change", hence I won't give him credit for folding Ax, especially those with a spade kicker.

I'm glad it worked out but I just wouldn't bother without reads.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      So let me guess. You called the flop in case you were ahead of a draw or complete air even if he has sets/AQ/AK as well, and then when the spades got there you figured you couldn't call, so you tried to take him off everything that wasn't a flush instead.

Exactly.
      I understand your evaluation. I thought he could fold Ax thinking I hit my flush or already had a bigger Ax or set.