Looking for a list of essential read!

• 5 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      most poker books are pretty terrible. i think any of the books i read set me back in my poker development since most are written by terrible live pros who luck box some live mtts without necessarily being qualified to write about poker strategy.
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      most poker books are pretty terrible. i think any of the books i read set me back in my poker development since most are written by terrible live pros who luck box some live mtts without necessarily being qualified to write about poker strategy.
      Well I have bought 2 already and borrowed third from the friend and they are all complete shite. Well, one had some general advices, like "there is something to learn from every played hand" but that was about it. Total waste of money and time.

That is why I thought there should be some "official" Poker Startegy list somewhere :)
    • pcotter
      pcotter
      Bronze
      Books that helped me:

The poker mindset

Harrington on Cash games

Harrington on Holdem

Practical Poker Math
      By Pat Dittmar
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I'd highly recommend "The Elements of Poker" by Tommy Angelo.

Generally, I think the forums and videos are better for developing the techncial side of your game but this is a great book for how to think about the game, deal with tilt etc.

I'd really recommend you also check out Veneer's guide the micros which you can find in the forurm: No limit bigstack strategy/no limit strategy discussion.

I found it much more useful than most of the books out there.

Jon
    • vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      Phil Shaw - Secrets of SitnGos.pdf

for perfect SNG play