BB: $1.05
      UTG: $1.50
      UTG+1: $1.31
      MP: $1.14
      MP+1: $2.48
      CO: $2.09
      Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J :club: A :spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.09, fold, BTN calls $0.09, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.31, 3 players) J :diamond: 2 :heart: 7 :club:
      Hero bets $0.20, MP+1 raises to $0.91, fold, fold

MP+1 wins $0.67

Should have I folded PF as my AJ were not looking so good OOP? Now, I'm really thinking I should have.

Anyway, I was in. Once at the flop, should I just have checked my top pair to see what the others would do and then avoid to waste my bet OOP? Or was my move correct as the flop was quite dry?

I decided to fold as my pair of Jacks was easily dominated and QQ+ was clearly in the range of this tight player, although I was quite impressed by the value of the raise that was clearly made to scare me by forcing me to go all-in if I wanted to continue.

Thanks for your opinion.
  • 3 replies
    • ExMagnusxL
      Definitely too weak to call here. A 3-bet is a better option if you must play raising it to $0.30 preflop will buy you more info than donk betting on the flop and costs the same. Still though I wouldn't recommend playing this hand in that position.
    • dondiego2000
      Thanks for your input.

I especially like the idea of spending my money raising PF to test Villain rather than betting on the flop and risking a re-raise whatever the value of my opponent's hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Rebuy to 100bb.

As it is you have around 55bb, so with an original raise of 4.5bb and a caller, if you do 3-bet preflop in that spot you'll have to make it around 20bb, which with a hand like AJo would actually price yourself into calling the whole thing off if one of them shoved on you. I think this is still viable, but it's definitely high variance.

With that stack however I don't mind calling preflop all that much, mostly because if you flop a top pair you're not going to be able to fold it with 55bb anyway. If you don't hit anything fold, if you hit top pair either call down or check/shove over a c-bet.

Folding is always an option.

As played postflop you can't lead/fold there without reads, either check/call flop check/shove turn, just jam over on the flop, or lead/shove it.

Hope it helps.