This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 Rush River decision

• EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($30.75)
      Hero ($50)
      UTG ($74.70)
      UTG+1 ($107)
      CO ($33.20)
      BTN ($33.05)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 4:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, BTN calls $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($4.75) A:spade: 4:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($14.25) A:spade: 4:diamond: 3:heart: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($14.25) A:spade: 4:diamond: 3:heart: T:club: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $7.50, BTN raises to $26.80 (AI)

Thoughts:
      PF:
      Call for a FD, Two pair, maybe Ace value sometimes

Flop:
      Check to get raise, and do reraise or call depending on situation. After PFA checks and BU pots I thought just to call, to get PFA to raise or just to call with AT+; Futher more, raise would just fold bluffs and get a call from Ax or 3b/shove sets; So I decided to call and hope a bluff on turn or value bets w Ax hands;

Turn:
      Check to induce all raises I mentioned before. If I lead hear he would fold his bluffs and call his Ax and raise his sets. And board is dry, so no point in betting.

River:
      I bet hear 1/2 pot just to get some calls from Qx, JJ, maybe slow played KK, weak Ace etc.
      But I get a shove from him. So I reevaluate my hand. Type of hand I beat is lower two pair 43, Q4, Q3 hands I get busted is AT, AQ, sets. But I think that he would continue to raise them on the turn and plus flop pot bet would be strange with sets, because he wants to get value. So I put him on some weak to pair or Ax where he thinks that I am busted.

P.S. He is really fishy looking. Just 5 hands, but he is 60/0
  • 2 replies
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Ups, wrong place, sorry.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      no, worries, I can judge it here :P
      If you call pf with A4s I think you should c/r that board to get more value for worse Ax hand and also if BU doesn´t really have anything I think he won´t bluff turn that often
      I would likely bet turn myself and shove river, since I can´t be sure that BU is betting there again and I want all the money in on the river
      b/c river is fine