starting at SSS,MSS,BSS?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      hi, I played SNGs up to now, and became sufficiently successful on the lowest limits(1,25Turbo + 2$DON). now I wanna learn cash games. My bankroll is 150$ at the moment, but I'm making profit in the SNGs, so I can generate an infinite bankroll. lol.

Anyway, I wonder which strategy I should start learning? I'm playing on Cake, and at the 0.10 stakes minimum buy-in is at 3$, so it doesn't quite fit with the strategy articles. Which is why I'm thinking about learning MSS first... or bigstack. Just not sure which one is best for me, any hints? I don't wanna change my poker room because I've just reloaded to get a bonus^^

and one more question: When u sit down at a table, do you play according to one of the strategies and leave the table as soon as your stack gets to big or to small? Or do you change your strategy to BSS if you get more money, and SSS if you lose?

edit: just seen, there actually are tables where u can play sss. but it still doesn't solve the prblem^^
  • 3 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      If you want to play SSS you need many available tables because when you double up you'll have to leave the table, I don't know about cake poker, but I think it hasn't too much full ring tables.

I like BSS becuase there is more things to do post flop. MSS - don't know about that strategy, but for me the deeper stack the more fun game, so I don't like MSS too :)

And I don't leave the table when I double up in BSS, except when I am moving to higher limit.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Well I decided for BSS now, so I guess I could just rebuy whenever I lose some money. But still I wonder whether it would be possible to change strategy instead and start MSS-ing or SSSing when falling under a certain value. Just to mix up the stats a bit and to have some variation in play^^
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      it's possible but i think it is too difficult :) better I think you be good at one strategy than mediun at 2 or three strategies