Leakfinding you database for SSS?

• clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      Can anyone explain how to analyse and leakfind SS play in your holdem manager database? I've been running like hell for what feels like forever (600k hands breakeven) and I have no clue where its going wrong. I play FR SSS fwiw.
  • 5 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You should find useful reports to break those 600k hands into situations, and try to make sure you are getting the right amounts out of those situations.

One of the most useful reports is the position report. This shows you your stats grouped by your position. You can also filter to situations such as 0, 1, or multiple limpers in front of you, or a raise in front of you. In all of these situations, you are supposed to lose money in the blinds, but you should not be losing money in any position outside the blinds. This is also the case if you filter out the stronger hands which are clearly profitable. Everyone will win with QQ after a limp, but are you losing money with 22-44?

In addition to leaks where you might play unprofitable hands, you should also look for missed opportunities. If you don't cold-call, and your weakest hands for 3-betting are showing a clear profit, then it might be that you can profitably widen your 3-betting range.

If you filter to a rare situation, then you need more hands for the win rates to be reliable. However, with 600k hands, you should have plenty of data for detailed analysis.
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      Thanks Phzon. I just did a position analyses on my HEM database. Here is my bb/100 per position:

Early: 8bb/100
      Middle: 12bb/100
      CutOff: 15bb/100
      Button: 19bb/100

Small blind: -24.5bb/100
      Big Blind: -43bb/100

I'm 3betting 6% of hands overall/

From the SB I resteal from late position openers 12.5%
      From the BB I resteal from late position openers 17% (a lot of these are blind versus blind)

Again, this is all Fullring.

I know it's impossible to be +EV from the blinds but are those loss figures way too high? Or should I be making more money from other positions instead?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I believe you should be making more from the button, and losing less from the blinds.
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      Thanks again. I've been playing like a robot for a few months and never took a time out to check my database.

I have found some glaring leaks already. I'm defending versus resteals way too light which accounts for not winning enough from button and cutoff. I should be shoving slightly more from the small blind when blind vs blind. There are also a couple of hands I need to cut out of my EP range.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a solid bb/100 from the blinds would be?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      It is possible that you are defending too lightly against resteals--don't use a Nash range if your opponents are too passive and only resteal with premium hands when they ought to be restealing widely. However, just as you are supposed to lose money from the blinds, you are supposed to lose money when you face a resteal. The question is whether you lose less by calling or by folding.

I don't have experience playing a short stack in today's cash games. I played a short stack while clearing bonuses years ago, when people still insisted that short stacks had a huge disadvantage, and the result was that playing a short stack well was tremendously profitable. I play tournaments where all stacks are shorter. So, I'm afraid I can't say with confidence how much you should lose in the blinds now. However, I think you should be able to reduce the losses to more like 1/3 of the blinds you post from the current 43% and 49%.