Min winrate (PT3bb/100) to consider moving up

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Hey, been abit more steady with moving up limits since my 2 month breat back in june/July, its very easy for me to deposit abit more $$$ to move back to NL50, but i want good sarmple on every limit this time giving me enough info to eventually tell me my most profitable limit.

My question is for FR BSS cash games whats the minimum wnrate (PT3bb/100) you should have before realisticlly deciding to move up? I know people will say dw any winrate is good, move up when you have enough etc. But is it really worth it if you're winning at say 2.5bb/100 because you can expect not to have a better winrate at the higher limit. But at the same time if your crushing at 7.5bb/100you'll obvs just move up when you have a good sarmple. So basically what do you think the min winrate you should have should be before you should properlly consider moving up? 3bb/100? 4bb/100? 5bb/100? Also if you could explain why you think what you think that would be awesome. =)
  • 7 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I'm not a NL player but i think if you have the bankroll go for it. If you have half of the bb/100hands at the new level you make more money (rakeback increases). Plus you should expect to get better as you study more the game. :D
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      im less experienced than you but my opinion is take shots when you can. If ur running good take shots if it doesnt work and you lose a few stacks just move back down and try again later. I dont think there is any point being conservative at NL25/50 but then again thats easy for me to say playing NL5 haha but thats the way i plan to play.

Im using 30BI rule but as soon as i hit 30 ill move up if im running hot regardless of sample size or win rate then when i reach NL50 ill probably slow down a little
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      The problem is that on NL2 you will reach NL5 way faster then you will reach a decent sample size. People are just bad so you can also use a bit loser BRM on the micros, but when you start moving up the limits from NL50 and up you should tighten your BRM. Also when you wanna try a new limit make yourself a stop loss limit of like 4 stacks and then move back down if you hit a swing or something.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just move up when u feel so and have br for it.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      So would you say im kind of wasting my time getting good sarmples on each limtl if i've already proven i can beat higher limits than im currently playing?
      Basically my 2 month break was because my laptop that i plug into my 24" got stolen, so i couldnt play poker, as security i used another computer to withdraw my BR, then because of imo such a lengthy break i decided to start from scratch espesh as all my PT3 handhistores where on there aswell.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      i wouldnt say you were wasting your time, id maybe say you were being a little too sensible but again there is nothing wrong with that just how long do you want to say sensible for without taking a small risk?

Since your not relying on poker to live (at least i dnt think you are) you can take shots especialy since you have beaten these limits before just move back down when you lose 4 or 5 stacks. But its surely however comfertable you feel about moving up and of course down again if you dont run well when you go up.

Basically id say move up as soon as you can till you get to NL50/100 then prove you can beat the stakes ur at
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Choose a BI rule like 25 or 30BI mininum and have at least half-stack/hour winnings.

$/hour is my main metrics, not bb/100. If you play NL50 and makes more than $25/hour, you are ready to go. You just need the buy-ins, in accordance to your own BI rule.