$5.17
      BU (Hero):
      $17.55
      SB:
      $5.36
      BB:
      $6.76

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 2, A, J (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, BB calls $0.45, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1.65) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($6.45) T (2 players)
      BB bets $3.71, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.45.

Mistakes = should've raised it up pf / should've folded on the turn check-minraise?

I mean an unknown donk can do it with a variety of hands and I shouldn't be looking to fold so easily on the turn - or is that me just trying to talk myself into calling? But once he shoves the R I just can't see myself ahead of anything but an overplayed Ax, which is unlikely.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed, I'd 3-bet preflop as a default against a min-raiser, fold to a 4-bet unless it's super small and c-bet any flop if he calls, planning on never folding a top pair.

As played on the flop I'd raise slightly bigger because I don't think it makes a difference to him, he's either minbet/folding or minbet/calling stuff like Tx/KQ/Ax regardless of how big you make it as long as it's not enormous, so $0.6 will do.

On the turn let me ask you this: what cards are you hoping to see on the river? The truth is only a Q could help you, which means you won't improve like 95% of the time.
      So if you plan on folding 95% of the rivers anyway, just go ahead and dump it on the turn. That should be your default line against an opponent you perceive as tight.

If you think you're ahead enough of the time on the turn to warrant not folding, most of the time you'll still be ahead enough to call it all off on all rivers. So if you don't fold the turn, don't fold the river. The only question is whether you're ahead on the turn because villain overplays worse hands, in which case you'd rather just jam the turn and stack him right there, or because he's capable of bluffing in that spot, in which case you want him to keep bluffing and you need to call him down.

Hope it helps.