Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $10.00
      CO: $9.86 - Fish, his range - any 2, went all in with T7,43,44
      BTN: $13.28
      SB: $7.30 - 30/8 in 35 hands
      Hero (BB): $11.39

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $9.86 and is all-in, SB calls $6.70 and is all-in, fold

i don't think SB will go all in here with AK, will he?
      i need 27% eq. to call, but if he's not doing that with AK, i have only 17%
      so, good fold ?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say for a few reasons.

First because they're both fishy. It's possible SB noticed that CO is insane, and yet it's possible he didn't. If he did, it's possible he's willing to call it off lighter, and yet it's possible he just doesn't have what to takes to call it off lighter.

Second because you're actually deeper against CO than SB, so you're actually playing for an extra $2.5 against CO that SB can't pretend to win. Given CO's range, most of these $2.5 are yours if you call it off with QQ which trumps his range, which reduces the equity you need to call it off against the both of them in the 3-way pot. Now the entire calculations are quite complicated but you get the picture, if you wanna do them for fun feel free to go ahead.

Just assign a very wide range to CO, calculate the ev of going all-in against CO for 9.86-7.30=$2.56 effective stacks which we'll call ev1. Then assign a range to SB, calculate the ev of going all-in 3-way against both of them for $7.30 effective stacks and considering the dead money already in there (so you need to call $5.3 to win $21.9), which we'll call ev2. All you need to do next is to play with SB's range in the 2nd equation until you get ev1+ev2 > 0, then decide whether this range is credible for SB.

Personally, and only based on experience/feeling, I don't think I'd fold that.

Hope it helps.