This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 KJo(mp3), fr

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $50.75
      UTG2:
      $25.25
      MP1:
      $53.50
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $73.50

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, K.
      CO posts deadblind, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($5) 5, K, T (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

Turn: ($12) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($12) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12.00

Hi!

Villain is 11/8/1.7 nit.

PF I raised with intention on isolating the CO poster.

Flop is ugly especially cuz he donks there. Here I think his range mainly consist of draws, because he would probably ch/r sets. I decided to call mainly cuz he could have better Kx`s there (AK totally possible cuz his 3b was 2-3%, maybe even KQ cuz of my loose-ish image).

With calling flop my intention is to call any turn(except A) because I think he is barreling his nut fd`s at least twice. Here is my first question. If I call two streets, and he checks the third, can I stab the river given the fact there are more busted fd`s combos than better Kx`s?
      As played I think I made a mistake here, his check totally turns his cards up which are now exclusively draws. I should have bet for value and protection!

He checks river and here is my second queston. Can I go for thin value here? Is there any possibility there is JJ and QQ in his range with which he probably is calling a smallish river bet with? Looking at the whole line it seems very resonable two hands in that spot except from the donk on flop.

Thanks for your help!
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I call two streets, and he checks the third, can I stab the river given the fact there are more busted fd`s combos than better Kx`s?
      - don´t really see there too much value betting river unless you´re betting to induce shove from missed draws, so I´d rather take my free showdown. He can also c/c river with KQ to induce bluff from missed draws and missed draws would generally not really just c/c with A high
      Can I go for thin value here?
      - he is mostly folding, but yes easy valuebet. He may call there with smt like 88 And I´d also bet turn myself for value