Training At SNG HU

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Is it the same idea when you play SNG HU and cash game?

Should i apply the same lines from SNG to cash game?

I am actually trying to polish my HU skills on SNG as it is cheaper...
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's very different but stay with HU SNG's imo, seems like more money to be made these days
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      There are three big differences I find:

1) The rake tends to be lower in HU SNGs.

2) The effective stack depth is often lower in HU SNGs. Some cash game opponents only buy in for the minimum, but you will find some players who buy in for 100 bb, and sometimes that results in 200 bb effective stacks.

You need to adapt your play to the effective stack depth in SNGs. The stack depth changes the 3-bet-4-bet-5-bet game dramatically. For example, if it is comfortable to resteal all-in, then you may have to tighten up your opening range while decreasing the size of your raises.

3) Cash game opponents who get bored quit. SNG opponents who get bored still have to play out the tournament. If you get annoyed at the people who play 2 hands and then leave, try SNGs.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      imo there are many differences,(talking about turbo sngs)

a)u start ur game 75bb deep and within 10 mins ur at the 20-30bb stage which in itself makes the game way more different than a cash game

b)u dont get to use stats much since u wont rarely will have a sample on someone

c)it all bout being quick at adjusting to villains tempo and then make him lose control of the game

there are much more depth into the subject,thats just 3 quick things that got into my head