$10.40
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $13.13

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 2.
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 4, 9, A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.4) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70.

River: ($2.8) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $3.10, Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $5.90.

Final Pot: $20.8.

Flop standard - expect to get cbetted on any Axx flop
      Played the turn badly, too many draws out there from which I would get a c/c or even c/r so should take a free card for myself instead (even if this was a valuebet, 1/2 pot on such a drawy board is just useless).

Do you shove river vs c/r?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I agree on ching the turn to protect my equity as much as possible. Although that being said to justify your call on the flop you're going to have to take it away from him sometimes so I don't mind betting - though i would bet like 1$. On the river his line has screamed to me AXss and so I would actually just call the ch/rai. I don't see any worse hand calling a 3b anwyay after showing super strength through his inital check raise.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I agree on ching the turn to protect my equity as much as possible. Although that being said to justify your call on the flop you're going to have to take it away from him sometimes so I don't mind betting - though i would bet like 1$. On the river his line has screamed to me AXss and so I would actually just call the ch/rai. I don't see any worse hand calling a 3b anwyay after showing super strength through his inital check raise.
      Sounds fine. Tho I'm usually betting the turn regardless as played because people at microstakes don't take turn c/c lines too often, and even less turn c/r lines.

That being said more often than not I'm raising the flop. Often you'll get people to bet/fold a lot of air hands and marginal pairs if they c-bet that, and when they do have top pair they'll usually bet/call and check the turn to you, so you'll get to check behind the turn anyway to "realize your equity". It's very rare to get 3bet on the flop unless villain is playing stuff like AK super fast or happened to flop a set.

Hope it helps.