very good hands that lose against even better hands

• shogun2313
      hey i thought we can have a thread where we share stories of how we lose with a very good hand (full house or better) against an even better one; because this just happened to me 5 minutes ago :rolleyes:

i get dealt 77 and i'm in late position. i call the bb together with 2 others and we see the flop 979. perfect i think: full house. both guys before me check and i want to slowplay, because i think i'm way ahead and also check. turn card is J. player 1 bets, player 2 raises and I call. then player 1 goes all in. we both call. i assume to have the best hand but then comes the showdown. player 1 has 99!! that bastard flopped 4 of a kind while i flopped a full house :D .

i guess this is pretty much the worst thing that can happen in poker: you flop a brilliant hand while someone else flops and even better hand. cost me about 10 euros this time X( not mad or anything cause it's part of the game but this really caught me off guard...

so tell me your stories of when you thought you were gonna win big time but then it came very different
  • 3 replies
    • bogie
      Your first mistake is to ASSUME you have the best hand,YOU DONT HAVE THE BEST HAND UNLESS YOU GOT THE NUTS !, Assumption is the mother of all F***ups.

This happens to me every friggin hand ,every day,SET UP AFTER SET UP
      WELCOME TO THE UNLUCKY CLUB. :s_biggrin:
    • mattbaillon
      after playing online poker on full tilt for only about 2 weeks i was dealt 77 on a cash table. I raised, 1 caller and flop came 77Q. Perfect if not a little too good a flop. To my suprise, other guy shoved. "Great" im thinking, what a fool. So i call, he has QQ, how unlucky for him. BOOM! Turn was a Q. Lost with quads, how i laughed all night long before slipping the noose around my neck.
    • MIMIso
      10 10 vs 10 6

Flop was 10 6 x

He hit running 6's.