This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10:TPTK meets resistance

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $17.50
      MP1:
      $9.14
      MP3:
      $8.56
      Hero:
      $12.92
      BB:
      $5.69
      BU:
      $1.90
      CO:
      $2.05

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , A:club:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 7:diamond: , Q:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3.60, SB calls $2.40.

Turn: ($8.10) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($8.10) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8.00.

call or fold? Villain af was 1.7, there's something wrong with Grabem it shows incorrect af but the rest of stats seems to be ok

Final Pot: $24.10
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

I would just call the minraise on the flop. You have to ask yourself: Which worse hands would call another raise? Not many. Even KQ or QJ could fold to another reraise. That's why I would play check/call or check behind on the turn for pot control. I would call any river bet because he could interpret your check on the turn as weakness and try to take down the pot with a small pocket pair or a bluff.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Got stacked here with 79o , I think I should have fold this seeing reasonable wts value with high vpip. This is the kind of player that plays very loose waiting for occasions to stack.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      I think we all like these players ;) Calling a preflop raise in the small blind with 79o is really bad. In the long run you will win money from this opponent.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81