[NL2-NL10] NL10: Nut flush

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $6.23
      BB:
      $10.22
      Hero:
      $13.52
      MP3:
      $10.17
      BU:
      $9.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , 6:heart:
      MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

should have raised here

Flop: ($0.40) T:heart: , K:heart: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25.

minraised here coz I wanted them both to call hopeing that one of them will hit something on the turn

Turn: ($1.90) 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB folds, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.90, MP3 calls $0.90.

River: ($3.70) 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2, MP3 folds.

should have gone for 0.9 value bet he would have called it

Final Pot: $5.70
  • 7 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      A raise from CO with that hand wouldn't be a mistake since you will often take down the pot pf, and even more often get to see a flop in position, with the initiative + it's good for pot-building if you should hit the flop as nice as in this case :) A limp can easily be defended too, but I would prefer a raise since you are playing shorthanded..

On the flop I don't really like the click-raise (never likes them :P ), but it worked out for you and you stated your reasons, so I'm fine with that :)

Turn: std

River: It depends on the opponent (how high is his wts? and have you seen him make similar plays before)? I would probably go for a lower value bet in this case, since your line in the hand is pretty weak (low bets and raises)..

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I would also raise pf against someone whose vpip is almost 50. On flop I would raise more because minraise looks really suspicious and you are likely to get called anyway. On turn and river I just make valuebets.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

As already mentioned: I would raise preflop to take down the pot right away or play in position and with initiative in a raised pot. On the flop I would definitely raise more: any draw, any two pair or set at least calls you. You want to build a pot, so do it ;) On turn and river half pots size bets should be fine.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I can't agree that minraises looks suspicious. On this limit the majority of players use click - raise (at least 70% I'd say) so a proper raise looks very strong and generates huge fold equity which I didn't want.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      You want to build a pot and you don't achieve that by doing minraises. You want to win the whole stack from your opponent, not just 1/4. If he hit something he will call your raise anyway whether it's a minraise or a bigger raise.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • zibbygt
      zibbygt
      Bronze
      So whats the right raise on the flop to 1$ ?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Yes, $1 should be fine.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81