[NL2-NL10] NL10: limping JQs

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $18.44
      UTG+1:
      $5
      UTG+2:
      $9.29
      MP2:
      $9.71
      CO:
      $18.34
      Hero:
      $8.75
      BB:
      $6.29
      BU:
      $2.05
      MP3:
      $1.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.55, BU folds, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, MP3 calls $0.45.

table was very loose, open limp ok or a raise (2.5 - 3BB)? limp in a raised pot for implied odds ok here with this hand?

Flop: ($2.75) Q:club: , J:heart: , 8:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.50, 2 folds.

Turn: ($7.75) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO folds.

Final Pot: $12.75

any other thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Well, for one I don't like playing suited-connecters (even though they have some overcard value) OOP, so I think I would either fold or raise it in this spot - most likely I would fold it if the table is very loose as it's the case here.. Now a raise comes in and two callers.. If we assume that MP3 will call as well, you get odds of ~1:5 as far as I can see.. You will hit something "useful" on the flop ~15% of the times as far as I can calculate (OESD, FD, Two-pair or better).. If we assume that these loose players will pay you off quite often with medicore hands, when you hit, I would say that the implied odds are good enough for your call..

Flop and turn: Well player :)

To sum up - The only thing I can point a finger at here is the open-limp :) And it's more or less just a matter of oppinion!

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

Especially if you are sitting at a loose table you should try to be in position if you are playing with suited connectors because you don't get that much value when you are out of position. That's why it is a clear fold to me preflop. As played: preflop call, flop and turn play are ok imo.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81