[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - QTs 3bet pot

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, T.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.75) T, T, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $12.75, CO calls $3.53.

Turn: ($19.03) 6 (2 players)

River: ($19.03) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.03.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(Qs Ts).
      CO shows two pairs, kings and tens(Kd Ad).

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens(Qs Ts).

Should I fold this PF? QTs plays pretty well postflop and vs 100bb effective stacks I'd never fold to such a small 3bet, but he's pretty shortstacked.

Post I think instead of regular c/r, c/shoving looks a lot more bluffy/drawish that he should be finding a call with most of his hands there imo.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he's not to hard to play against postflop (read: if you know what to do with TPGK when he bets both flop and turn), it's fine to make that call even out of position, especially if he's doing it light sometimes. Doesn't look like it when he makes it small but who knows, maybe it's his standard. If you're unsure on how to handle these situations against him postflop, just dump it out of position it'll keep you out of trouble until you know better.

On the flop flip a coin really, hard to say what he'll put you on when you shove. Making a "normal c/r" doesn't make much sense, you'll be nearly all-in anyway, just shove with everything you don't want to fold in that spot.

If he's a fish or a reg used to tournaments he'll have no problem believing you have 44 or something and he'll call with everything, if he's more of a pure cash game reg he'll have a tougher time with AQ/AK. That said most likely if you check/call he won't shove the turn unless he improves or he's really aggressive, so you don't lose all that much by just check/shoving on average.

Hope it helps.