This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - Flopped 2nd nuts

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $6.20
      BB (Hero):
      $11.35
      MP2:
      $11.22
      MP3:
      $9.62
      CO:
      $4.35
      BU:
      $12.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) 7, 2, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP3 calls $2.50.

River: ($9.1) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00(All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.1.

I'm always :f_confused: in regard to my river bet sizings with these kinds of hands to get max value.

When he calls my c/r and 2nd barrel there, it shouldn't matter whether I bet $3 or $4 or shove there, right?

I mean he either has a strong holding with which he will call any bet there OR he has A :diamond: x and he was folding to any bet on a blank river?

Actually, strong holdings would've shoved at some earlier point in the hand anyway, so I should just bet maybe even as low as $1-3 to get a crying call from all sorts of random weak made hands?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Obviously you're right about everything you said, depending on how villain plays.

Personally I'd bet the turn bigger, because he does often have a lone diamond and that's the last street we can get value out of those hands before they whiff. So I'd bet closer to $3 on the turn. It also makes it easier for him to go broke on the river when he has less money left with whatever hand he peeled with.

Hard to pick a line on the river since he's unknown and you have no idea whether he can bluff the river when checked to with AdX hands or not. I do agree that made flushes would usually have raised earlier tho since he's in position he could have slowplayed one to the end, it's mostly irrelevant tho, if he has a flush he'll always call a jam, jam when checked to and jam over a small bet.

The problem with betting small is that he can't really have a weak made hand after opening from MP2, at worst he'll show up with something like TT with a diamond. So unless I feel like it's possible a smallish bet might induce a bluff-shove or something, I don't think it's usually worth it. So I like either jamming or checking to him if I really do feel he has Ax, the standard being to just jam like you did.

Hope it helps.