$11.22
      MP3:
      $9.62
      CO:
      $4.35
      BU:
      $12.35

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      MP2 raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) 7, 2, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.1) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP3 calls $2.50.

River: ($9.1) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00(All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.1.

I'm always :f_confused: in regard to my river bet sizings with these kinds of hands to get max value.

When he calls my c/r and 2nd barrel there, it shouldn't matter whether I bet $3 or $4 or shove there, right?

I mean he either has a strong holding with which he will call any bet there OR he has A :diamond: x and he was folding to any bet on a blank river?

Actually, strong holdings would've shoved at some earlier point in the hand anyway, so I should just bet maybe even as low as $1-3 to get a crying call from all sorts of random weak made hands?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Obviously you're right about everything you said, depending on how villain plays.

Personally I'd bet the turn bigger, because he does often have a lone diamond and that's the last street we can get value out of those hands before they whiff. So I'd bet closer to $3 on the turn. It also makes it easier for him to go broke on the river when he has less money left with whatever hand he peeled with.

Hard to pick a line on the river since he's unknown and you have no idea whether he can bluff the river when checked to with AdX hands or not. I do agree that made flushes would usually have raised earlier tho since he's in position he could have slowplayed one to the end, it's mostly irrelevant tho, if he has a flush he'll always call a jam, jam when checked to and jam over a small bet.

The problem with betting small is that he can't really have a weak made hand after opening from MP2, at worst he'll show up with something like TT with a diamond. So unless I feel like it's possible a smallish bet might induce a bluff-shove or something, I don't think it's usually worth it. So I like either jamming or checking to him if I really do feel he has Ax, the standard being to just jam like you did.

Hope it helps.