$20.53
      SB:
      $19.86
      BB:
      $5.90
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, J.
      Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BU calls $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) 5, A, T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.1) 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BU calls $0.65, BB folds.

River: ($2.4) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40.

Final Pot: $7.2.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and fours(Td Jd).
      BU shows two pairs, fours and threes(3h 3s).

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and fours(Td Jd).

Usually a spot to cbet, but I feel that they either hit it better than I did OR they have a lot of equity to peel with, so I instead chose to check it, to make it seem a little suspicious and make the BU check behind unless he has a real hand to bet with there ... I mean why wouldn't you cbet an A high board as an UTG raiser?

Mission accomplished, BB has nothing and BU has a weak A at best so I choose to stab it smallish as to not give another free card for draws.

River c/c or c/f depending on villain bet size = I feel that a weak ace would check behind there most of the time, no point in betting since we're chopping anyway with Ax and there isn't much worse that would call him there. A5/AT/AJ+ wouldn't have played it so passively.

River pot makes absolutely no sense - either busted FD or some weird 4x
      cause a flopped monster wouldn't have checked behind to give a free card and T & R are essentially blanks.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Usually a spot to cbet, but I feel that they either hit it better than I did OR they have a lot of equity to peel with, so I instead chose to check it, to make it seem a little suspicious and make the BU check behind unless he has a real hand to bet with there ... I mean why wouldn't you cbet an A high board as an UTG raiser?
      True enough, tho it might be above the head of most people running around at nl10 rush. It's fine either way.

I agree with the rest of your analysis, he's not going to valuebet stuff like AJ or less that big on the river, probably not AQ/AK either unless he was slowplaying that on the flop as well. It's always possible people surprise you and did slowplay something like 55 tho, some villain disregard protection constantly even on the scariest boards and only start worrying about it when the draws already got there.

I'd check/call too most of the time without further reads.

Hope it helps.