optimal FTP usage - analyzis

• janez1982
      janez1982
      Bronze
      I know this thread mush have been written thousand of times, but there are still many things i'm not sure about, so let's go:

1. What's your way of getting value for FTP points?
      2. Let's s analyze the simplest thing - buy a 75$ tournament ticket for 16500 FTPs, you're getting 0.004545$/FTP. Right now you're getting 10 FTPs for 1$ rake in SNGs, so 1FTP is 0.1$. So the purchase of a 75$ ticket is an equivalent of a 0.004545/0.1=4.5% rakeback. One thing at the and: will my 27% rakeback be deducted as a result of this transaction and if so how much?
      3.What about black card cash bonuses?Is this instant cah or it needs to be cleared? It seems weird to me that youre getting only 50$/15000 FTPs(much worse value then for tournametnt tickets). Is there any explanation for this of am i missing something?
      4.Buying different items(TV, laptops) seems to be rediculously expensive to me(+ the customs and the shipping for many countries).
      5. Buying different MTT tickets seems to be better value than black card cash bonuses of tournament ticket buyins, but it takes hours and days to use the equivalent od 75$ 16500FTP tourmament ticket, so it seems that it's a worse value/hour played.

Considering everything, from 1-5, will all options have the same impact on the rakeback/FTP point spent, or not??

Any thought on spending FTP points optimaly(getting an optimal $/FTP*hours played ratio) is welcome.
  • 11 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      the best way to use ftp IMHO is $5000 -> 1100000 FTPs

and yes bonuses need to be cleared at 1ftp for every $0.04
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze

And you are set for life imo
    • janez1982
      janez1982
      Bronze
      Again, any ideas why the tournament ticket is better value then blackcard cash bonus?

To thazar, don't know if you're joking, if not, 1100000 FTPs is a lot of FTPs, and clearing a 5000$ bonus in 180 days(if i play SNGs it's 5000/0.04=125000FTPs or 12500$ rake or,for instance, 12500 11$ SNGs or around 12 sessions of 6 tables a day for 180 days,seems waaaaay above the time i have).

Does anyone has a suggestion what to do with: 1000FTPs, 10000FTPs, 100000FTPs?
      Or is everything such bad value that i dont need bother?
      If that's the case, taking 75$ tounament ticket a couple times a year seems good enough and no bother at all :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      everything is good added value provided you can do something with it. All the item are cheaper to get with points (as it only cost you 27% of the value) again provided that you need the item.

The tournament tickets are good if you are good in tournaments. a $75 ticket is better value than a bonus but you are more likely to clear the bonus than to make it ITM in the tournament.

Dont forget poker is a game of small edges. a you can go through a few tournament without making anything. In SNG and MTT the variance is high so even if you are better than average you can lose a few in row

with a bonus as long as you play enough you will get it.

However buying tournament ticket can be great if you want to play tournies that are outside your BR.

By buying something you want with FTPs your are adding value even if you lose rakeback. just choose wisely :)
    • janez1982
      janez1982
      Bronze
      Thanx for your responses,

if you're predominantly a tournament player(or almost exclusivly, like i am online) 75T$ is identical to 75$ since i make that kind of a buy in on dayly basis(and much more). So i guess i'll just take the 75T$ for 16500FTPs, since i don't see a better $/ftp*hours played possibility, even though 4.5% rakeback deal(this deal seems to be just that) doesn't look very good when you put it like that. X( ?(

Thanx for your responces again, still looking forward to any better ideas, if there are any =)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      we need this back

• janez1982
      janez1982
      Bronze
      OMG, ROFLMAO...

Photoshop or i missed this item?

I agree, that would be best value,provided it' 100%recycled, 3 layered or more and soft like heaven over all :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      High quality paper product from FTP store. Limited edition.
    • janez1982
      janez1982
      Bronze
      I just have to have more fun with this, even though the thread was supposed to be serious:
      6100 FTPs, must be from the time it was 7FTPs/$ tournament rake.

So, you have to pay 871.428$ rake, then you have enough points. At that point you need to make a decission: what's the best value mor my FTPs? You pick the heavenly soft wipe.
      I dont know what the quantity was(1 roll od a twelve package or so). Let's just say, for fun purposes it's one roll.
      Consider that in a non diarrheal phase of life you can take 8/dumps per role of paper, it comes to 108.928$ per dump(i'll intentianaly forget about rakeback loses).
      ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
      You better be consipating or really treasure your trips to the toillete :f_cool:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      your calculation is not very good because the value of a FTP was never 1/7th dollars/ftp , maybe they got too many mails from angry people saying they wanted to wype their ass with FTPs and they took it literally.
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      your calculation is not very good because the value of a FTP was never 1/7th dollars/ftp , maybe they got too many mails from angry people saying they wanted to wype their ass with FTPs and they took it literally.
      He he :D