fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($14) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 4:heart: K:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($14) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 4:heart: K:club: 6:heart:

SB bets $7, Hero raises to $14, SB calls $7

villain 17/12/1, 248 hands, wts 41
      I guess villain's range on the flop is mostly straights/flush draws, sets, medium pocket pairs and some air {TT-88, 66-44, Ad7d, Ad3d, KdJd, K6s-K5s, QdJd, 9d8d, 87s}. Since I have not much equity against that range (around 20%) I think the best play may actually be to just fold the flop, since against part of the range our outs are no good. What do you think?

Also, we could just check behind flop, since we can't represent much on this board but I thought betting might be better since we can continue on some cards: A, K :diamond: (around 15 cards or 30% of the time).

As played, when villain does not bet the turn, sets seem much less likely and I am inclined to think we are ahead. I did not bet for fear of being check raised, but this may well be a mistake?

River pairs. If villain was drawing he did not get there, so I guess some of the time he is bluffing here with missed draws. I made a small raise to get value from hands like TT/JJ but I am wondering whether I can ever get called by worse here?

any other thoughts?
      Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      Hi,

On the flop you can chb, hes not gonna fold better hands and not gonna call with worse, well some 7x,fds but those still have decent equity against our hand. What is good with this board, that villain will often show you if he want to biuld pot/has a hand on the turn. Otherwise its b/f on the flop.
      As played, it really smells like 88-JJ on the river and i like your value minr.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrxLT
      Hi,

On the flop you can chb, hes not gonna fold better hands and not gonna call with worse, well some 7x,fds but those still have decent equity against our hand. What is good with this board, that villain will often show you if he want to biuld pot/has a hand on the turn. Otherwise its b/f on the flop.
      As played, it really smells like 88-JJ on the river and i like your value minr.
      +1
      don´t really understand why you didn´t bet turn.
      he has there very often just one pair hand and I think he might easily c/c once street
      I´d just call river, since very often he is also c/r with 6x on the flop and you´re just not ahead enough times to raise there