This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is poker really a game of skill?? how much can i take?

• piresromeu
      piresromeu
      Bronze
      I'm playing poker for 4 years now, i've played all the games there is, Omaha, Razzz, Stud , Draw etc. I've read at least 5, 6 books plus articles on pokerstrategy and also got coaching from friends i made on tables that turn out to be very helpfull.
      I've been more succefull on my 2nd year when i consider my self a fish than i can make now, its like months of badrun, lost of time and pacience. All this tourneys i play turn in to complete frustation,i am now officially a callstation....
      been defeated so many times putting all my stack with the best... the most recent was so bitter i was like 20 places away from money in 16.5k garanteed on FT CU raises i push with JJ(13k chips) and he instacalls with Ad8d(he had 16k chips)... no need to say that the A came on the flop and he sends me to the rail.... now i checked him and he's got nice roi and all.... i dont understand this why would a guy making this kind of plays be a winning player??? i allways check oponents and often they have awfull results and i think he's got lucky in this ONE hand... Wish i could find out a way to get out of this steaming, this is getting like standart for me... how can i win long run if this continues to happen to me??
      GL to all
  • 19 replies