Doing it right this time

• Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! I'm a constant reader of many of the blogs here on poker strategy and finally decided that i want to start my own~! I feel like it will be good motivation to keep me on track with my goals as my poker career takes off.

I started playing poker with the 50$ capital from poker strategy but sadly busted as a result of being a fish :f_cool: Since then Ive tried depositing a couple times but never was very serious about it until about two months ago when i deposited 25$ on Poker Stars and gave sngs a run. Within a month (and solid BRM) i was seshin the 6.50 turbo 18 mans with a 300$ bankroll. Sadly this didn't last long as variance hit me like a bitch and consumed much of my bankroll despite moving down a limit and everything. I managed to cash out 100, mainly because i was scared to lose the rest of my roll.

THIS TIME im staying away from sngs and taking my shot at cash games because the variance in sngs is overwhelming X( Im starting on fulltilt poker with a bankroll of 25$ and will be posting updates regularly. See ya on the tables!
  • 26 replies
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      best luck! Variance is a bitch in cash games to though...
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Not compared to SNG variance haha
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dur73
      Not compared to SNG variance haha
      If you want sick variance you might wanna try Stud Hi MTTs.:s_biggrin:

I wish you a good luck with your career, i had a similar one.;) I hope u crush the tables soon.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I don't think Full Tilt Poker is suitable for doing SSS, because i think it doesn't work well on shallow stack tables. Suggest you try BSS NL2, or maybe another pokersite atm.

But then again, i'm not a shortstacker, it's just the info i got on strategy articles.

And yeah, variance isn't a bitch at cash games, but i guess it gets a little bit higher on SSS.

Good luck, and i'm surely be following your progress.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Thanks for taking an interest :D as for my "plan", the full tilt 1/2 penny tables are by far the most brutal tables i have ever played. Although my BRM might not be the greatest at the beginning im pretty confident i can beat the 2/5 tables playing SSS.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Has anyone here played om bodog? I might be interested in playing on the site, i here the micro stakes are pretty fishy. Any input?
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well no one had input so i decided to just go ahead and do it :D Deposited 25$ and started playing 2 tables of 2/5 FR. All i can say after one day and about 700 hands is that I'm loving this site. I nearly doubled up my bankroll in one day buying in for 2$ at these tables. The players are just terrible...calling down with all sorts of garbage its almost too easy to take them to value town :f_biggrin: . The table selection is a lot poorer then on some of the bigger sites like stars and tilt so the SSS strategy is a lot harder to play. I plan to play full BSS when i have the bankroll for it. Another question; does anyone know if HEM works on Bodog? I'd be very interested in posting some hands in this blog for review but weeding them out on their awful hand re player is just a drag. In the next few days i will be posting a couple short and long term goals i wish to accomplish.

Bankroll- 44.87 :f_cool:

peace out doods
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Little update on my boring blog :D Well i had a bit of a rough time with Bodog, so i basically said **** it I'm going back to poker stars. Ive never cared much for micro cash games as they don't really increase my bankroll fast enough even when I'm winning haha..... So i moved my 65ish$ bankroll back to stars and started playing what I'm good at, sngs. My real plan was to be able to build my bankroll to 30BI on Nl10 BSS. When i started i did the 1$ 18 man turbos but since the rake sucks and I'm the greatest i started playing the 3s not very long after. Add in a couple 2.20 180 man places and you have my bankroll...which sits at 235.13. I'm not sure if people here would think that my bankroll building my bankroll the way i am is a sign of my being able not to commit or something(maybe i kinda think that a little too) but cmon I've played proper BRM for the most part. I think i really need to commit myself to cash games if i really want to become a successful player because when i play SNG's i never put in enough volume to see if I'm actually a decent player or just a fish on a heater :f_cool: Still coming are the list of my short-long term goals as i try to become a winning player.

Oh BTW i wanted to post my graph but I cant figure out how...can anyone help out?

Bankroll- 235.13
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Hello man!
      I think u should focus on improving one thing, devote some time playing/studying it .
      Jumping around wont make things easier...
      I play SSS on nl25/nl50 for some time now on PStars and think they are the only remaining site on planet, where SSS can be played optimally.
      You have to keep in mind that Hi variance is a bitch on SSS too, and sometimes things can go really really bad.

Add me to the skype and we can talk, sweat sometimes, my name is asmirovic.

About posting a graph :

1. When your graph is displayed in HUD make right click and save image as (am using Holdem manager) and save it to .jpg format

2. Go to imageshack and upload your image

3. Once image is uploaded you will be offered a series of links for your image , you should copy the one whit FORUM CODE( its 4th from the top).

4. Go in your post on the forums and paste that code(ctrl+v)

That should do the trick.

Have fun and gl at tables
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      I understand that SSS has higher variance then BSS, this is mostly because your playing coin flips or 60-40ish all in scenarios right? I think i have finally decided BSS is what i want to play though, i have been studying the PS articles even though im still in SNG mode :D If your still down for a sweat with my playing BSS im down, ill add you. Gl to you too
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      i actually play on bodog and PSTARS. PT3 works, if you use HEM you will have need the hand grabber from idleminer.

bodog is the best place to play NL100 down IMO provided that you not much of a volume player.

but stars is also good to me so i play on both sites at the same time :)
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      I was too cheap to buy the hand grabber, especially since the bodog tables would disconnect regularly interrupting every session i had...but i do agree with you the players at the micro stakes there are just completely horrible
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      First Nl10 BSS sesh is done!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Went pretty well id say, up 1 stack in 1k hands ahah. Cant complain really, cant except to win big right away. One thing i need to realllyyy work on is my PFR % as i think I'm playing to many weaker hands in position and getting 3 bet and folding. Another thing is i want to slowly increase my table # from 4 to around 8-10 as to get a good amount of volume in.

Bankroll- Around 240ish

PS. Go prop 19!!!
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well i haven't been running to well on NL10, cooler after cooler...

Time to head down to Nl5. :(

Bankroll - 170
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Hello to the 3 people who read my blog!! Made some final adjustments to my game with the help of asmirovic. I am now playing NL25 SSS and sticking to it. He recommended i try out playing SSS again and did a sweat with me to get me on the right track, played a few sessions and I'm loving it so shout out to him. Here is my graph :

Been running like a god these past 3 days, I think i might even open up a table of Nl50 tomorrow night. I almost have 30BI but I'm running so hot i figure why not give it a try. Plan to print out and read most of the silver articles (lost my gold status X( ) as soon as i finish reading easy game vol 1. See ya on the tables folks!

Bankroll - 287$ :s_biggrin: :spade:
    • asmirovic
      asmirovic
      Global
      Hey buddy!
      Its nice to see you running hot,just imrpove your game and keep those lines raising :)
      I tihnk reading those articles is more important than easy game ATM.
      Easy game is nice for overall poker understanding and its mostly for BSS while SSS articles are for that practicular playing style and you can apply ideas from there right away.

Contact me on skype for articles, I might be able to help.
      Also check out some videos about SSS(Gerv, Xarry and AK are awesome).

Keep up the good work.

Cya
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      [X] Running like God.

Been seshin NL25 and 1-2 tables of NL50 the past few days and i honestly don't think I've ever ran better in my life. I don't think i can lose a flip or even lose when i get it all in being dominated.(not that this happens to often besides the occasional KK-AA and what-not :f_cool: )

This is my graph for the past 5-6 days since i started playing SSS, running pretty hot right now. Taking shots at NL50 went well and i think ill continue to open up a few more tables while I'm running so well. One thing i really want to do is get my gold status back so i can continue reading the SSS articles. So far I've read most of the silver ones and all of the basic ones.. My main goal for the week coming up is to play at least 5-7.5k hands as well as review 10 hands per session. Hopefully I will continue to run so good so my bankroll can continue to grow :s_biggrin:

Bankroll - 325
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well apparently cash game variance is a bitch too. I actually don't think i can handle playing poker. Its to swingy and I cant take it....

I cant deal with this sort of thing, never been able to beat a downswing before and the trend continues. Locked my account out for a week ill see how i feel after the week is over.

Bankroll- 195 :(
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hey,

Yeah variance is a bitch :f_biggrin:

I think you ran hot like god before. You run at 1.3xbb/100 now over 15k hands which is ok for SSS.

But yeah, you will need to be able to deal with this kind of #$.

Gl.

T.