This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - 78s bvb

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($79.75)
      BB ($66.35)
      UTG ($53.85)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($19.50)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 7:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($10) Q:spade: A:heart: J:spade:

Hero checks, BB checks

TURN ($10) Q:spade: A:heart: J:spade: T:spade:

Hero bets $7, BB calls $7

RIVER ($24) Q:spade: A:heart: J:spade: T:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $19.50, BB calls $19.50

Ok to make this loose call pre given stack sizes?
      villain 31/20/2 75hs, 3b 7,
      Other thoughts?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      meh.. kinda loose but since u r kinda deep and he 3b so small it isnt too bad imo. i personally dont mind overbet jamming river river. Opponent is clarly on the fishier side (given stats) and he may just think that you r trying to knock him off a split a hero call playing the board.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Opponent is clarly on the fishier side (given stats) and he may just think that you r trying to knock him off a split a hero call playing the board.
      don´t really agree that 31/20 are usually fish stats. it means he would play a lot of hands and I think these players are usually winning players unless they are limping.

About the hand. call 3-bet is fine. he is mostly 3-betting to take initiative and if you want you can also 4-bet, but call is also fine
      agree about overbetting river. He is very often calling there, since you´re only repping flush and I think sometimes you´re also doing that as bluff.
      So 35$ river bet size is fine
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, thanks guys. Did not consider overbet river - missed value. Main reason I called pre is because small 3b often = strong hand + therefore good implieds.

Villain had KK here.