This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Qq

• dmejeras
      dmejeras
      Bronze
      I was playing 1$ sit'n'go. Early stage, i have Q :diamond: Q :spade: and 1500 stack. Almost everyone limps in (as usual in cake poker), one guy raises (his stack was around 3k) 250, everybody folds, I reraise x2 his bet. He calls and the flop comes Q :club: 8 :spade: 6 :spade: . He raises all in. I call. He shows K :spade: 4 :spade: . And the turn comes A :spade: . Im dead. How should i play this type of hands? Shoves with flushdraw in cake poker is pretty often.
  • 4 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      You could start by raising 3X instead of 2X
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Simply push after his raise to 250. Especially on the 1ers you should often get called by a lot of worse hands.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Welcome to the forums.

I agree with pushing preflop.

Your opponent overplayed K4s preflop, but once he sees that flop, he was correct to get all of his chips in, and pushing was a reasonable way to do that. If your range was TT+ AK, and you would fold AK unimproved when he pushed on that flop, then you would fold 12 combinations out of 36, and he would have 39% equity against TT+. If you would not fold AK, then pushing becomes less profitable, but he would have 41% equity on average, far too much to fold.

Anyway, poker is not about getting your money in with the best hand. When you do, it is a normal part of poker for your opponent to draw out much of the time. Frustration over a hand that is ahead (you were 69-31 preflop, and 75-25 on the flop) not winning 100% of the time leads people to tilt and to avoid working on playing poker well. An important skill is being able to look past the bad beats to focus on strategy.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dmejeras
      i have Q :diamond: Q :spade:

flop comes Q :club: 8 :spade: 6 :spade: .

He shows K :spade: 4 :spade: .

And the turn comes A :spade: . Im dead.

No you're not..