• dmejeras
      I was playing 1$ sit'n'go. Early stage, i have Q :diamond: Q :spade: and 1500 stack. Almost everyone limps in (as usual in cake poker), one guy raises (his stack was around 3k) 250, everybody folds, I reraise x2 his bet. He calls and the flop comes Q :club: 8 :spade: 6 :spade: . He raises all in. I call. He shows K :spade: 4 :spade: . And the turn comes A :spade: . Im dead. How should i play this type of hands? Shoves with flushdraw in cake poker is pretty often.
  • 4 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      You could start by raising 3X instead of 2X
    • malosanmaka
      Simply push after his raise to 250. Especially on the 1ers you should often get called by a lot of worse hands.
    • pzhon
      Welcome to the forums.

I agree with pushing preflop.

Your opponent overplayed K4s preflop, but once he sees that flop, he was correct to get all of his chips in, and pushing was a reasonable way to do that. If your range was TT+ AK, and you would fold AK unimproved when he pushed on that flop, then you would fold 12 combinations out of 36, and he would have 39% equity against TT+. If you would not fold AK, then pushing becomes less profitable, but he would have 41% equity on average, far too much to fold.

Anyway, poker is not about getting your money in with the best hand. When you do, it is a normal part of poker for your opponent to draw out much of the time. Frustration over a hand that is ahead (you were 69-31 preflop, and 75-25 on the flop) not winning 100% of the time leads people to tilt and to avoid working on playing poker well. An important skill is being able to look past the bad beats to focus on strategy.
    • gedwashere91
      Originally posted by dmejeras
      i have Q :diamond: Q :spade:

flop comes Q :club: 8 :spade: 6 :spade: .

He shows K :spade: 4 :spade: .

And the turn comes A :spade: . Im dead.

No you're not..