SB ($2.33)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.98)
      Hero ($2.08)
      UTG+2 ($2.17)
      CO ($1.89)
      BTN ($1.22)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.51) K:spade: 5:diamond: 6:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

TURN ($1.11) K:spade: 5:diamond: 6:club: 4:spade:

UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.54 (AI), UTG calls $0.94 (AI)

RIVER ($3.99) K:spade: 5:diamond: 6:club: 4:spade: A:club:
  • 4 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      It's pretty standard play imo, what's the doubt?
    • psydreamer
      psydreamer
      Bronze
      just wanna know if i play good on turn...
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Well the donk potbet imo looks like either pretty strong or pretty weak, you could be against a set or maybe 78. It's hard although without any stats to know utg range from villain.

I think most of the times ur good on that spot, and he could be pot-shipping with a spade draw most of times.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If somehow he happens to be a fish, fist-pump jam.

That said I think his 4x opening raise makes him somewhat likely to be a reg, and when he reg raise/calls UTG then takes a c/c flop donk turn line in that spot, it's unlikely he does it with less than AK, and even less likely he calls it off on the turn if he happened to play something like QQ like that for some reason.

If I'm sure the guy is a reg I can already envision the funkily slowplayed KK+/AK with the occasional 55/44 range in that spot. Since if we call the turn we're not going to find a fold on the river anyway, it all comes down to whether we want to call $1.54 more into a pot of $1.11+$1.54 (villain effectively shoved). So we're getting less than 2:1 and we have ~31% equity against AK/KK (with some 55/44 it's even worse). Hence it's a fold against a nit who can only play KK+/AK like that, you need to put some KQs/QQ hands in villain's range to justify going broke in that spot.

So overall: against nits, fold (I know it hurts). Against fish, happily jam. When in doubt, jam anyway without being thrilled about it.

Hope it helps.