BTN: £58.97

SB posts SB £0.25, BB posts BB £0.50

Pre Flop: (£0.75) Hero has 7:club: 6:club:

UTG raises to £1.75, Hero calls £1.75, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (£4.25, 2 players) 5:spade: 9:heart: T:club:
      UTG bets £3.18, Hero calls £3.18

Turn: (£10.61, 2 players) 8:club:
      UTG bets £7.95, Hero raises to £18.00, fold

Should I have only called him on the turn and raise him on the river?
      I wanted to make sure that I would get all the money in by the river.
  • 6 replies
    • aelfewulf
      aelfewulf
      Bronze
      Try a turn minraise?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you also hold there flushdraw I think you can call turn and shove river or if he checks then bet 3/4 pot on the river an he would call you down with overpair. Players are just b/f there every time overpair and one pair hands and against two pair or set you get all the money most times on the river anyway
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      hmmm. Not sure about flop here. we have only gutshot and backdoor flush. villain raising 49% of hands, so our implied odds dont seem too good in general.

what is his turn cb? If Quite high then I just fold flop I think, since we dont get to float often enough and we have only around 20% eQuity until the turn even against random overs.

Judge, can we play this aggressively on flop instead since villain rarely has much.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      hmmm. Not sure about flop here. we have only gutshot and backdoor flush. villain raising 49% of hands, so our implied odds dont seem too good in general.

what is his turn cb? If Quite high then I just fold flop I think, since we dont get to float often enough and we have only around 20% eQuity until the turn even against random overs.

Judge, can we play this aggressively on flop instead since villain rarely has much.
      I think flop call is quite standard with gutshot, backdoor flushdraw and most important with position. We can raise there and get folds likely all his unpaired hands, unless he has there himself draws, then he might 3-bet us, but since our equity is not the best i don´t mind raising on the flop.
      Mostly we call flop to bet any turn card when he checks to us, not just to hit our nuts on the turn
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Mostly we call flop to bet any turn card when he checks to us, not just to hit our nuts on the turn

agreed in principle - we can make a standard float in position. But then I think we need to have some idea about how often villain is barrelling the turn, no?

I'm not sure it's enough to assume that because he's raising a wide range of hands and rarely has anything he won't continue his aggression on the turn - but maybe I am mistaken.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

agreed in principle - we can make a standard float in position. But then I think we need to have some idea about how often villain is barrelling the turn, no?

I'm not sure it's enough to assume that because he's raising a wide range of hands and rarely has anything he won't continue his aggression on the turn - but maybe I am mistaken.
      I guess 71/49 might likely barrel any overcard meaning J, Q, K, A. Sometimes any turn card or if he has some showdown value then maybe c/c
      But that doesn´t mean we have to fold flop. if we hit our flushdraw, we can easily turn our hand into bluff and raise or maybe even raise on balnk turn if we think he barrels too much.
      Either way I think we shouldn´t fold on that flop so either raising flop or calling flop to evaluate turn is better option