$2.98
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $4.22
      UTG2:
      $9.30

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 5.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) Q, T, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.87) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $2.58(All-In), Hero calls $1.98.

Final Pot: $6.03.

Results follow:

BU shows a flush, ace high(Ks As).
      Hero shows a flush, queen high(6s 5s).

BU wins with a flush, ace high(Ks As).

I'm not really happy with my call on the river, i guess i could have gotten away from such a smallish flush on paired board. I think i should have put him on a flush draw, because he checked behind on the turn. I dont think he'd just call the flop with two pair or a set, so i def didnt think he had a full house.
      Actually i had him on just a queen during the hand, but there's no way he would have checked that on the turn. I guess i should have taken a time and think about it, i def shouldn't have insta called him.
      What do you think?

Thank you for your feedback. ;)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without reads.

Make no mistake, you will encounter players that specialize in that kind nonsensical reasoning of "haha let's slowplay I don't care about the board being drawy" / "oh shit everything got there I shouldn't have slowplayed, what do I do, I have to shove NOW!", with hands like Qx or KJ in that spot.

It's actually not uncommon for people to check back the turn with a boat, because it looks like you're giving up anyway and since their hand is invulnerable who knows, maybe you hit the flush or a straight on the river and stack off to them. That said, I do agree that he should often raise the flop with sets/two pairs so it's somewhat unlikely.

Overall against a guy with 60bb I don't think it's a big mistake whatever you do on the river, the spazzier he looks overall the more likely I have to call it off anyway on the off-chance he played something like Qx/KJ awfully. If he's tight it's fine to go ahead and fold.

Hope it helps.