$9.89
      CO:
      $5.91
      BU:
      $5.45
      SB (Hero):
      $12.15

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 4.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, BU calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.2) 5, 6, 9 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.5) 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.35, UTG2 calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

River: ($1.55) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.00, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $3.55.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, six high(8s 4h).
      BB shows a flush, nine high(7s 6s).

BB wins with a flush, nine high(7s 6s).

I misread the board on the flop, i thought i had double gutter, but i had just a single gutter so i made a loose call. The turn actually gave me the double gutter, so i think a call was fine. I guess there's not much i could have done either, since he'd def bet a set or two pair same way (because it would be difficult for him to put me on a four). I didnt raise the river just in case he had the flush. 

Thank you for your help.;)
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine except for the flop misread.

If you know villain is tight/good you can actually consider folding the river, because it's a spot people will actually check back a lot even with two pairs and sets because the board is 3-flush/4-straight. So when he does go ahead and bet 2/3 like he doesn't care, very often it's because he really doesn't, and you're either splitting or behind :p

Hope it helps.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

If you know villain is tight/good you can actually consider folding the river, because it's a spot people will actually check back a lot even with two pairs and sets because the board is 3-flush/4-straight.
      I dont really think that people would check with a set on the river, because no obvious draw got there... i mean, if you had a set here, how would you put me on a four or on backdoored flush? :f_confused: Personally i would bet with a set or two pair the same as he did with his flush.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

If you know villain is tight/good you can actually consider folding the river, because it's a spot people will actually check back a lot even with two pairs and sets because the board is 3-flush/4-straight.
      I dont really think that people would check with a set on the river, because no obvious draw got there... i mean, if you had a set here, how would you put me on a four or on backdoored flush? :f_confused: Personally i would bet with a set or two pair the same as he did with his flush.
      Let me preface this by saying that people suck at hand-reading, so what ends up happening more often than not is that they simply look at the board and decide it's scary because straights and flushes are possible, no matter how unlikely it is for Hero to show up with those hands.

Hero could have slowplayed 87 all along, any two small cards picked up at least a gutshot on the turn so they stick around including 43/54/64 hands, limped-pot garbage hands like your or 94s aren't folding either, stuff like any pair with two spades on the flop play it that way for sure. Even if Hero doesn't have Villain beat, there is nothing to say Hero will call Villain's valuebet with two pairs on that board.

Hope it helps.