Which days of the week are the most profitable?

• pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      On some days, the games are particularly infested with regulars. On others, you see plenty of bad casual players whose stats are 70/5, or who overcall pushes in level 1 with KQo. On some days, the games fill rapidly, and on others it takes a long time to fill a set.

I'd like to know what your impressions are of the best or worst days of the week (and times of day) to play, and whether your database supports your impressions.
  • 13 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I haven't checked my database from my SNG days yet, but I know guys like Glitlr and sippin_criss were telling me that their most profitable day was Monday (Sunday being a close second). lessonthree's stats recently posted in his blog here on PS seem to support that as well.

It's definitely an interesting trend, there's no doubt that Sunday has the most fish playing, but also the most regs. So a lot of the games get reg infested pretty fast (speaking from midstakes $24/36 experience). My theory as to why Mondays might be the most profitable is that a lot of fish come back to try to recover their losses from the weekend, and a lot of full time regulars who take Monday off fail to recognize this.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze

yeah i seem to crush on mondays. but all samples are really small, so doesnt really mean anything.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Just went to check my database. Sunday most profitable, Monday and Friday close behind.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze

Makes no sense.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Reading this makes me to want to play tonight, but I can't work out whether that means I'm the fish donating or the reg collecting! :f_confused:
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      :heart: Sundays :heart:

Anyway, scope seems to miss some of my games lately =/
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      These plots are very interesting. I didn't realize that Sharkscope can tell you your ROI and winnings by the day of the week. (After searching, click on the player, then More Options, Graph results by...) Even if the individual samples are small, perhaps the reporting biases would be small if we pooled the data, and then the statistical noise will be reduced.
    • hacacare
      hacacare
      Bronze
      Hi,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the results depend not only on the days, but also on the hour of the week, and probably also on playing style. I am quite sure that I play at similar times as <3 does, and still have quite different graph.

Anyway, it is still amazing how big differences are there on different days. I usually skip one day per week, so maybe I should choose this day based on this graph ?( . The best option for this would be Friday.

Looking at <3's graph, it is also interesting, that he has higher ROI on Fridays than on Mondays, but much higher difference in profit than it would be expected based on difference in the number of played sngs on these days. Maybe the BI also effects the distribution of the expected ROI on different days?

Anyway, the samples are still small. I am also not sure, that Mondays really mean Mondays, and not Sunday (US time) nights. I have found this time to be most profitable (and also Saturday nights, US time).

Personally I think, that the results may reflect the relative number of regs on these days, and the standard deviation of the ROI of a given player, when different days are compared, simply reflects the goodness of his table selection. (with decent sample of course)
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      do note that SS will produce your graph in your local time-zone. so yes for me Monday = Sunday night in the US.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i cant show my graph cause i need an acc at ss but sunday is the worst day for me according to the graph with almost zero profit !
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schris7
      i cant show my graph cause i need an acc at ss but sunday is the worst day for me according to the graph with almost zero profit !
      You don't need to have an acc for this AFAIK. Just ss yourself and select "Graph by day of the week" or whatever its called in options.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by malosanmaka
      Originally posted by Schris7
      You don't need to have an acc for this AFAIK. Just ss yourself and select "Graph by day of the week" or whatever its called in options.

ye i did that thats why i know sunday is the worse day but when i tried to copy the image it showed that my searched reached their limit.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze

my graph doesnt make sense too ?(