MTT teams

• i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I am just creating the thread to guage intrest.
      Note to mods:If this is against board rules pls delete it.
      Backround: MTTs varience is brutual and most of us arent able to put in enough of a sample size individually. it is also hard to find motivation to grind MTTs.
      concept:Every sunday, a group of y players each invest x amount of dollars in g amount of MTTs (Note, y,g, and x depend of what u guys want). Every player plays the same MTTs and rails other players when possible. At the end of the day (ie;when all y players have been eliminated from every tourney) we look at everyone's results. All money won is divided equally among all y players regardless of individual results. Eg: One person wins 10K and the 4 other people bust out of every touny, everyone gets 2K each.
      Notes:
      People must be trustworthy and be willing to pay even if they end up winning a huge MTT.
      People can be kicked off the team if the other members feel that they are a strain on the team.
      NO soft playing, colluding or chip dumping allowed
      Pros of this system:
      Decreases varience significantly therefore we can play higher tournies then we otherwise be able to.
      Motivated by peers to grind
      Fun
      Neccessary Software:
      Skype: For chat among team members. A mic is reccomended but not really a 100% neccasity.

Players who are interested
      -snaker3
      -alejandrosh
  • 68 replies
    • Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      i'm interested, but at smaller stakes, if any1 is interested @ small stakes, PM me ;p
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      I am very interested, great idea.
      But i dont have a lot of free time.
      I could do this some days but probably not on sundays.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I think that is a great idea and I will be more than interesting. The only problem is that I am micro-limited. So, at which level of skill and, in particular, buy-in is orientated the team?
      Thx :heart:
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I was thinking of $20-$50 buyin (and we each play between 2-4) so we invest about $100 per Sunday (or another day).
      @leeito; i would be gr8 for u to join, i saw some of your successes in the forum ,sick!
      post your skpe nick here as well (everyone) and we can discuss this over skype (or PM me your skype nick)
    • reggeboy
      reggeboy
      Basic
      i wannna join!!!
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      I was thinking of $20-$50 buyin (and we each play between 2-4) so we invest about $100 per Sunday (or another day).
      @leeito; i would be gr8 for u to join, i saw some of your successes in the forum ,sick!
      post your skpe nick here as well (everyone) and we can discuss this over skype (or PM me your skype nick)
      on what poker side do u think playing?
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      i am very interested in this , question do we have to incest our own money?

PM me or smth :)
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      am interested i play mtt's up to $30
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I think this is unethical, because it can fundamentally change the ICM ranges. Consider a very extreme example. It's the three handed bubble of a satellite MTT that awards two packages. Everyone has 10BB left and two team members are in the blinds. Assuming everyone is playing separately, the button can push a very wide range, close to ATC, because each of the blinds is so risk averse. Imagine you're in the SB with 22. If you fold you retain roughly your 1/3 of two packages = 2/3 of a package. If you call, you can assume you have roughly a coin flip, so if you win you win one package, if you lose you have nothing, so on average you have half a package.

Now consider what happens if you are dividing up your winnings with the BB. If you fold, the two of you have 2/3 of two packages between you = 4/3 of a package. If you call, half the time you win both packages and half the time just one, for an average of 3/2 packages. Since 3/2 > 4/3, you can call. The blinds are colluding to exploit the button, who is playing a different game.

Even though this is a rather contrived and extreme example, if I were running the poker room I would ban this sort of behaviour and label it as collusion.

Of course if the poker room says this is OK, I'm in, since I am, if not a complete moral vacuum, at least partially morally evacuated! :s_biggrin:
    • DestinationAnywhere
      DestinationAnywhere
      Bronze
      Very nice idea,but I agree with jbpatzer - if you play in the same network and you will know each other of course - chatting in skype and so on.
      especially in the beginning - If I play with a teammate I will try to dump all my chips to him If I consider him better player with greater chance to win the prize. This is collusion and I don't think it will be easy to avoid.
      Aside from that - I support the idea, and probably will join but definitely not now - 100$ per Sunday seems too much for me,and I can't guarantee I will be available Sundays. :)
    • snaker3
      snaker3
      Silver
      i m in up to 30$, depends on team size!
      You know my skype!
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      I think this is unethical, because it can fundamentally change the ICM ranges. Consider a very extreme example. It's the three handed bubble of a satellite MTT that awards two packages. Everyone has 10BB left and two team members are in the blinds. Assuming everyone is playing separately, the button can push a very wide range, close to ATC, because each of the blinds is so risk averse. Imagine you're in the SB with 22. If you fold you retain roughly your 1/3 of two packages = 2/3 of a package. If you call, you can assume you have roughly a coin flip, so if you win you win one package, if you lose you have nothing, so on average you have half a package.

Now consider what happens if you are dividing up your winnings with the BB. If you fold, the two of you have 2/3 of two packages between you = 4/3 of a package. If you call, half the time you win both packages and half the time just one, for an average of 3/2 packages. Since 3/2 > 4/3, you can call. The blinds are colluding to exploit the button, who is playing a different game.

Even though this is a rather contrived and extreme example, if I were running the poker room I would ban this sort of behaviour and label it as collusion.

Of course if the poker room says this is OK, I'm in, since I am, if not a complete moral vacuum, at least partially morally evacuated! :s_biggrin:
      dam thats confusing
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon

dam thats confusing
      Lol. If you can't unravel it, you can't be on my team. You'll have to play for Arsenal instead! :f_biggrin:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by pogodon
      dam thats confusing
      shocker.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      ok i made a skype for poker, leito9091
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      If there is no colution through chip dumping, hole card telling, and everyone playing for themselves....

Then in essence, it is no different than a poker site sending a Pro Team to play at the WSOP in the same events....
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ultifanatic
      If there is no colution through chip dumping, hole card telling, and everyone playing for themselves....

Then in essence, it is no different than a poker site sending a Pro Team to play at the WSOP in the same events....
      Do Pro teams from poker sites divvy up their winnings at the end? I think not! :D
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Platinum
      i'd also think this could be a cool thing ;) think about joining ;)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Im not in (yet I hope) when Ill be able to play those MTT's Ill consider it for sure! I think its very nice way to play :)