[NL2-NL10] NL10FR: KK played on ace high board

• timukasr
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 7:spade: , 2:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.70) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.70) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $4.70
  • 3 replies
    • Gungunhana
      I would bet the turn about $2 and if raised, fold. As it was you don´t know if you´re ahead or not, and you have to protect your hand anyway. There are to many draws on the board. The river play is ok imo.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi timukasr!

I would raise more on the flop (~$1.40) to represent the ace. Otherwise flush draws are getting the odds to call. If you get called check behind turn for pot control and if the river is a non- :spade: I would think about a call depending on the opponent. In this case I would fold to the river bet. Which hands are worse than yours? Any ace and flush and deuce is better than your hand. You only beat a bluff.

Good luck at the tables!
    • degnic
      I would also bet more on flop, with 3x raise you don't really create any fold equity and you don't know where you're at. If you get called I would probably bet/fold turn because if you check behind there, villain might easily bluff you with busted flushdraw on river, but if you bet out and keep presenting the ace, villain will often check/fold river if he didn't hit his flush. (so it might actually be cheaper to get to showdown by betting on turn than checking behind) If you're against A with weak or medium kicker, those are likely to play the hand passive too, and if he has A with good kicker and raises your turn bet, it's an easy fold.

This depends a bit from villain ofcourse, against passive it's better to check behind turn but against aggressive one I would bet/fold turn like I said.