SonicXT' Career

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Ah, why not, a personal career topic :)

Well, I'm a 22 year old management student from Belgium and started with Pokerstrategy about a month ago. I had played lots of poker before but bad luck combined with overconfidence and horrible bankroll management made me blow my 50 $ away rather quickly.

I decided to print out all the bronze and silver articles and reread them carefully, asked a more succesful Pokerstrategy and real life friend of mine to stake me 50 $ and let me retry, which he did, it's only 35 €, we drink it away in going out 1 night anyway :D

I'm certainly playing more cautiously now, however I can't help it to sometimes "feel the table" and make a non-standard move. Playing SSS with 4 tables is hard to keep concentration and my screen ain't big enough for 6 or 9 tables :) Luckily my personalized SSS seems to work good enough.

Normally I'll clear the 100 $ bonus by the end of the week and I'm at 89 $ right now, playing 2 tables NL10 SSS and 2 tables NL25 SSS.

Current SSS stats:
      V$IP : 13.62
      PF Raise : 9.15
      WTS : 36.57
      AF : 2.77 (Flop 3.94 - Turn 1.90 - River 2)
      A bit loose for SSS, I know.
  • 558 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

Welcome at the blog page :D

Nice to read that you play more cautiously (and are able to drink away your whole bankroll in one night). But I think your VPIP and PFR values are way too high for the SSS. Although it is boring: try to stick to the rules and there is a good chance that you will move up even faster.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      The poker gods weren't very benevolent today :D
      Went up to 111 $ at some point, but I fell back to 93.5 $ slowly but surely. Hardly got a hand and when I finally had one, I hardly got a dollar :D

Played a lot tighter today though : V$IP 8.8, PFR 7.1 :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Wauw ... sometimes poker can make you feel so powerless.
      Fell back to a mere 71 $ now ... I guess there's little you can do if your VP$IP is 7.2 % and you win 12 % of all flops seen (12.5 % of all showdowns)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

That happens to all of us. You will go up again. Just take a break, reread some articles and post your hands. Make sure that you stick to the bankroll management.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Of course I stick to BRM now, I don't want to bankrupt this time around.
      I did some 9-tabling today, it's a lot easier to be patient this way :)
      And in a meanwhile, I did some massive party points collecting, back up to 95.5 $ and 33 points left to clear for the bonus :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Sounds good to me :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      And the 100 $ bonus is finally cleared.
      Went up to 214 $ bonus included, with an hourly winrate of 3 $ an hour overall this week which is nice for NL10-25 SSS.

Unfortenately, I had to give the 50 $ Timor83 staked me back. At least I can now again say I didn't invest any money in online poker :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Well done SonicXT!

Now it's your job to move up the limits. Go go go! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Wow ... swings, swings, swings.
      I was at 164 $ by the time I posted my last message (after giving Timor his 50 $ back), but then I had a downswing to 102 $ on NL25 SSS.
      I decided to end my short stack strategy play and rely on my abilities as a big stack strategy player to move to NL5 BSS.

As soon as I reached gold status, I read the articles immediately and started my NL5 BSS day at 117 $. I now quit at 170 $ :D
      I played 3 tables NL5 and 3 tables NL10, deviating a little from conventional bankroll management, but I know I can beat those limits and I would move down in case of a downswing faster than you can say "I".

These are todays stats for my BSS :
      VP$IP : 14.25
      PFR : 8.20
      WTS : 26.4
      AF : 3.82
      NL5 stats : +27.02 $ (14.62 BB/100) in 2310 hands
      NL10 stats : +30.71 $ (14.14 BB/100) in 1086 hands

While this was partly due to an upswing, I have finally regained confidence about my poker abilities which I was losing when playing SSS and I truly believe I'm more than good enough to beat the microlimits. This 6-tabling allow me to control my lack of patience, and pursue a tough TAA playing style... I think ... I don't want to get arrogant either.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi SonicXT!

I hope that you keep moving up and beat not only the micro limits but also the highest limits soon ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'm playing the highest limits of the all in january, the lottery called "university exams" ...
      That will of course imply a 6 to 8 week break from poker.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      uuuh....that doesn't sound good. Hope that you move up before you have to learn for your exams.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't know whether or not I'll real the 625 $ mark before half december. But that is when I quit for 6 weeks, I still gotta get my priorities straight ;)
      Who knows, maybe those management courses help me in poker afterwards ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      6 weeks off for exams :o

I'm on university in belgium aswell but not really planning to do that :P
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I need to pass in first session this year and I can in no way shape or form fail one course due to a poker addiction. One of my ancestors (grandfather of my grandfather) once owned half of Bokrijk (local town) and lost it all with gambling. If he didn't do it, it would have been worth about 130 million euro now.
      The last thing my parents will accept is me failing a single exam due to "gambling" (as they see it).

Furthermore, I haven't bought a single coursebook yet ... I still got lots a work ahead. :D
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      What a lazy ass you are.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Dude, the only thing you have learned about management the last couple of months is bankroll management :D
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Dude, the only thing you have learned about management the last couple of months is bankroll management :D

lol
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Furthermore, I haven't bought a single coursebook yet ... I still got lots a work ahead. :D

I already have 4 :)