This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A7

• vladul11
      vladul11
      Global
      Cooler or avoidable?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($2)
      Hero (MP2) ($1.96)
      CO ($0.81)
      Button ($1.93)
      SB ($2.73)
      BB ($3.57)
      UTG ($2.29)
      UTG+1 ($2.17)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.04, 1 fold, Button calls $0.04, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.11) 10, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, Button raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.26, Button calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.63) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, Button calls $0.32

River: ($1.27) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, Button raises to $1.31 (All-In), Hero calls $0.75

Total pot: $3.89 | Rake: $0.25

Results:
      Button had 8, 9 (straight, Jack high).
      Hero had 7, A (three of a kind, sevens).
      Outcome: Button won $3.64
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would add at least one additional BB in preflop raise, cbet bigger, 3bet bigger and play for stacks on the flop.

On the turn one of the draws completed, but I would still bet for value against Tx, spades, lower pp and so on.

If he is capable of bluffing with missed draws and betting Tx/Jx - c/c seems ok for me, but if he is more like passive guy, you are better with firing one more bullet against Tx/Jx or even worse 7x. When you bet river I think you can't fold given your equity and the board is so drawy that if he has straight I expect him to raise it on turn often.

So basic idea here - make the draws pay!

Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Howdy,

I would add at least one additional BB in preflop raise, cbet bigger, 3bet bigger and play for stacks on the flop.

On the turn one of the draws completed, but I would still bet for value against Tx, spades, lower pp and so on.

If he is capable of bluffing with missed draws and betting Tx/Jx - c/c seems ok for me, but if he is more like passive guy, you are better with firing one more bullet against Tx/Jx or even worse 7x. When you bet river I think you can't fold given your equity and the board is so drawy that if he has straight I expect him to raise it on turn often.

So basic idea here - make the draws pay!

Good luck!
      +1
      I´d played the same way, just only 3-bet bigger on the flop