[NL2-NL10] A7

• vladul11
      vladul11
      Global
      Cooler or avoidable?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($2)
      Hero (MP2) ($1.96)
      CO ($0.81)
      Button ($1.93)
      SB ($2.73)
      BB ($3.57)
      UTG ($2.29)
      UTG+1 ($2.17)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.04, 1 fold, Button calls $0.04, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.11) 10, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, Button raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.26, Button calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.63) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, Button calls $0.32

River: ($1.27) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, Button raises to $1.31 (All-In), Hero calls $0.75

Total pot: $3.89 | Rake: $0.25

Results:
      Button had 8, 9 (straight, Jack high).
      Hero had 7, A (three of a kind, sevens).
      Outcome: Button won $3.64
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I would add at least one additional BB in preflop raise, cbet bigger, 3bet bigger and play for stacks on the flop.

On the turn one of the draws completed, but I would still bet for value against Tx, spades, lower pp and so on.

If he is capable of bluffing with missed draws and betting Tx/Jx - c/c seems ok for me, but if he is more like passive guy, you are better with firing one more bullet against Tx/Jx or even worse 7x. When you bet river I think you can't fold given your equity and the board is so drawy that if he has straight I expect him to raise it on turn often.

So basic idea here - make the draws pay!

Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Howdy,

I would add at least one additional BB in preflop raise, cbet bigger, 3bet bigger and play for stacks on the flop.

On the turn one of the draws completed, but I would still bet for value against Tx, spades, lower pp and so on.

If he is capable of bluffing with missed draws and betting Tx/Jx - c/c seems ok for me, but if he is more like passive guy, you are better with firing one more bullet against Tx/Jx or even worse 7x. When you bet river I think you can't fold given your equity and the board is so drawy that if he has straight I expect him to raise it on turn often.

So basic idea here - make the draws pay!

Good luck!
      +1
      I´d played the same way, just only 3-bet bigger on the flop