[NL2-NL10] 10NL resteal

• Sreteb
      Sreteb
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($10.92)
      CO ($1.81)
      Button ($15.35)
      Hero ($1.75)
      BB ($11.59)
      UTG ($19.86)
      UTG+1 ($10.14)
      MP1 ($4.54)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:club: , 6:diamond: .
      [color:#666666]5 folds[/color], [color:#CC3333]Button raises to $0.3[/color], [color:#666666]Hero ???[/color]

I've read the article about steals and resteals, I found it really interesting.
      Unfortunately for me, I don't have any hud yet. So I mostly have a limited read on ppl. But he hasn't made this move before.

If I'm readless should I try to resteal here?

I find it difficult to shove this, even with 77 or 88. Am I bleeding chips with that line?
  • 5 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      If you think he's not a stealing player, I'd fold it. You don't have the right stack to call and all-in would probably get called if you think he's a stiff player.
      You now lost 5 cents, does it matter ? I'd stay out of this one ... I'd only push with at least 88 and if I feel the opponent's been quite agressive before the flop before.
    • Sreteb
      Sreteb
      Bronze
      The problem is, that I don't think anything about this player.
      According to the article about steals/resteals, I should try a resteal here, if his ATS is 30.
      With his stack, this looks like a steal attempt to me. If I was the button here, I would try a steal with A9o+, A8s+, KQo, KJs+, 66+ (or something around that range). I think his range is alot wider, so would it be a spot to try a resteal?

I don't feel comfortable shoving 66, but I'm not sure if that's right. If he calls my shove, I'm probably in trouble.

I do think that it matters, if I let this go or not. Following the SSS I'm bleeding chips from the blind. I have ~11k hands now and that definitly looks like a leak to me. I almost always fold to an ATS, so I'm looking for spots where I could try something.

What range can I use to resteal, without reads? Should it be more like AQo+, AQs+, TT+? Which would go with an ATS of 10 or should I try to make a move with a wider range?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Without reads (meaning PA Hud + a big hand sample size of your opponent), you can´t resteal here, especially on that limit. Start considering Resteal on higher limits. Starting on NL 50 or even higher.
    • Sreteb
      Sreteb
      Bronze
      Ok, I didn't expect that answer.

So you only try a resteal with RR hands (in the micros)?
      I have folded SB/BB at ~95%, which seems way to high to me. For SSS this is normal then?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Sure normally 95% would be to much, but since you´re a beginner and have no stats about your opponents, its totally normal. Concentrate on improving your general SSS Skills. Later when you got PT and PA from PokerStrategy you can also include Steals and Resteals into your game. :)