This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How aggressivly do you play draws?

• CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Just as the title asks, how aggresively do you play your draws.

The question came to me when I played a small hand on a $10NL table today. It was nothing major, but it made me question my play.

MP2 limped, small blind limped and I checked my big blind. I had T8o

The flop came 7 9 T rainbow. I bet .20 into the .30 pot and both folded.

Like I said, relativly insignificant.

How often do you semibluff with say a flush draw on the flop against a player who called you, or raised you PF? Will you continue on the turn if you miss?

I tend to bet my draws quite strongly until I meet resistance. I find it often ends the hand, or lets me see the river for free.

This is probably a very broad question but it has been on my mind all day.
  • 3 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Betting top pair with open ender is not exactly semibluffing.;) Semibluffing would be betting just an eight (Like A8) or a hand like QJ or KJ there.

It depends if i'm IP or OOP. IP i'm def semibluffing more aggressively than OOP.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Depends on opponent aswell. No point semi bluffing a 70/30 tard! but a 6/4 nit all day long!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      regardless of position/oponent/previous action/board/potsize, with a gutshot or better I always bet 35% of my stack on the flop , 40% on the turn and on the river ... I'm commited so I call it off unimproved.

if I hit I check to trap.