[NL20-NL50] getting value

• Dublimax
      iPoker - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $21.03 unknown but stack size looks fishy
      MP: $50.00
      CO: $50.00
      BTN: $50.00 VP:23/PR:22/3B LP:9%/Cbet:74% (6k hands)
      SB: $50.25
      Hero (BB): $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 9:diamond: 9:spade:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $2.00, fold, Hero calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25, 3 players) 2:diamond: 5:spade: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, UTG calls $3.50

Turn: ($16.75, 3 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets $10.50, fold, fold

Decided to play for set value preflop.
      Perfect flop, how to extract the most money here?

#1 C/C as I did. But then on the turn I have to Bet to protect and because it is unlikely that BU will 2nd barrel with 2 callers. But when I Bet the turn it looks so strong

#2 C/R looks too strong

#3 Donk myself to make the pot bigger hoping that I get called and then the second barrel doesn't look as strong as in option #1. However there might be only one caller, hence extracting less money than in #2.

All in all #2 and #3 look similar UNLESS BU has a strong hand in which case I would get more value in #3 because my donk bet could be raised or the turn bet called (or raised) and the pot would grow much more.
      So I think #3 is the best option.

Any thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • aelfewulf
      I can't think of playing any differently. Opps just didnt have a hand to continue this time.
    • Kaitz20
      I would generally like to c/r small to make impression I´m trying to take pot down with air
      This can induce light b/c on the flop with any pair or maybe random floats if player thinks I´m making too many moves
      Ofcourse since board is so dry I think c/c flop, leading turn is also fine option
      You get out c-bet and if he has there one pair hand I think he would often call turn and maybe even river, so you get the same value if you had bet/bet/bet yourself
    • Tim64
      I think your line is fine. Since board is not drawy, I don't think you need to lead flop - hands like AQ/AK etc likely just fold if you do, so getting a cbet and call is decent result.

Reality is that if neither has anything pre (decent pair) or hit the flop pretty hard you will always struggle to get paid.

That's why one uses call 20 rule etc. - cos sometimes you just dont extract much value.