UTG+1 ($0.97)
      MP1 ($5.03)
      MP2 ($2.30)
      CO ($1)
      BTN ($0.96)
      SB ($5.14)
      Hero ($5.08)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is BB Q:heart: K:heart:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.36

Flop: 10:club: 9:heart: 10:heart: ($1.05, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.61, SB raises to $1.22, Hero goes all-in $4.54, SB calls $3.32

Turn: 6:diamond: ($10.13, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 7:diamond: ($10.13, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $10.13
      SB shows
      9:club: 9:diamond:
      Hero shows
      Q:heart: K:heart:

SB wins $9.49 (net +$4.41)

Hero lost $5.08

Obviously I was unlucky to find him with a hand near the top of his range and for him to hit the flop so hard. However, the more I look at it the more I think I should've got away when he raised me on the flop or maybe even pre-flop.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say preflop. Some guys are stealing a lot but religiously folding to any 3bet unless they have the goods (mostly steal-happy regs), others are calling many 3-bets (mostly steal-happy fish). Against the former type you'd rather call KQs and play in position instead of turning it into a bluff (3bet/fold trash instead), against the latter type it's fine The one constant tho is that usually when you get 4-bet you're in bad shape with KQs, so I'd fold.

As played on the flop it's fine to bet when checked to but it's hard to envision him actually check/folding, maybe AK if he's the fit-or-fold type. Against basic tricky/tough players I'll just check it back and see a turn, usually they'll bet the turn with hands they tried to slowplay and when they check again they don't have the goods to call two barrels so all our bluffing options are still opened.

As played when he check/raises the flop we're looking at TT+ almost always, so we have virtually no fold equity and against some of those hands we don't have overcard outs either. Usually I just call the small raise looking for a turn heart/J and ready to fold if it doesn't come.

Hope it helps.