Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2.23)
      CO ($5.52)
      Hero ($6.73)
      SB ($4.07)
      BB ($4.12)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 5 players)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, SB raises to $0.48, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.32

Flop: 3:club: 9:diamond: Q:club: ($0.98, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.80, SB goes all-in $2.79, Hero calls $0.79

Turn: 7:heart: ($8.16, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 3:diamond: ($8.16, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $8.16
      Hero shows
      Q:heart: A:diamond:
      SB shows
      A:club: A:heart:

SB wins $7.64 (net +$3.57)

Hero lost $4.07

I think pre-flop is fine, but should I raise less on the flop and then be able to fold to a reraise?
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Blind battles is different situation if you both know what does it mean. I mean that even if you think SB/BB may be 3betting you lighter against your frequent steals, that doesn't mean he really does that. So to warrant calling pre with AQo you need to have idea that he does this 3betting stuff with range wider than QQ+/AK. Without any reads against villain who just sat down it's more likely he got a hand than he is just re-stealing, because he doesn't know table tendencies and game flow as well as his opps to make some fancy moves. So I like to fold AQo pre against a 3bet.
      As played with calling pre I'd much likely just call flop bet. If you raise him you are basically pushing out possible TT/JJ or other non top hands and stacking off against hands that beat you. If he barrels brick turn solidly again, I think we are beaten most of the time.

Good luck!
    • lee200
      lee200
      Bronze
      n1, ty
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Had a little mistype in my previous post regarding AQo. I meant to say - I like folding AQo pre in this situation, not calling with it. Sorry about confusion, corrected it.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed overall.

That said you do run into players that will specifically 3bet light right after coming to the table, because of the credit they think you'll give them when in doubt and to establish an aggressive image. So personally I'll just random throw out a small 4-bet with anything when I feel villain might be one of them, namely he's 3betting BBvsBU with a standard size, it's not that easy to get a hand you feel like 3bet/shoving in your very first hand at the table.

Careful when you do that and villain does it again after a few orbits tho, generally it's a pretty good stop sign for him when he gets 4-bet the first time, so when he waits a bit and does it again you'll often get jammed on if you 4bet again.

Hope it helps.